Is there any way to pop up speed gauge and alt

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
peter131176
Airman Basic

Is there any way to pop up speed gauge and alt

Post by peter131176 »

Hi Guys,

I'm using 3 screens and my view is quite close to the windshield on zoom 30 and can't see my gauges. Was wondering if there is a way to pop them up somehow? T6 on 3 screens is amazing its only this little thing I'm missing :(

Rgds
Peter

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Is there any way to pop up speed gauge and alt

Post by Lewis - A2A »

No way to do that other than to zoom out or just look down. Remember that in the real world you look at the gauges also, hence the old saying eyes in or out of the cockpit.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

Why are you sitting so close to the windshield? Back up a little so you can see what's going on. You wouldn't be that close if you were sitting in the cockpit Wish I had 3 screens. :)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Peter,

If you're using a multi-monitor (very wide aspect ratio) setup, you may have better results if you use the "WideViewAspect=True" entry in the FSX.cfg. I believe the T-6 installer gives you this option by default, but I may be mistaken. However, it's easy to edit the FSX.cfg so that this line, which can be found in the "[Display]" section, reads "=True" instead of "=False".

The FSX.cfg can be found in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX. However, 'hidden files' must be shown in order to see it.

You can also make edits to various other .cfg files to modify the default view 'direction' so that it's angled downwards a little towards the instrument panel. There's some discussion of how to go about this in this topic.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

One could also define custom CameraDefinition views looking at the desired
instrument(s). Then assign them to a button/switch using the HotKeySelect
feature and the FSX Controls menu.

Paul

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

You guys are all geniuses. Wish I knew computers like you do. :roll:

peter131176
Airman Basic

Post by peter131176 »

Hi Guys,

Yeah, Just have red your replays, in the mean time was struggling with it and work :( however P3D has wide spec option in it and was experimenting and guess what :) it worked :)
zoom 60 gauges just below front windshield clear visibility and little alteration with EZdok :)

One thing is annoying, don't know if its by design but my brakes are not working and suddenly when I move my rudder to spin a plane the starting to work. During landing when you want to slow down it is just impossible :) any help with this?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Glad the view setup is improved Peter. :)
peter131176 wrote:One thing is annoying, don't know if its by design but my brakes are not working and suddenly when I move my rudder to spin a plane the starting to work. During landing when you want to slow down it is just impossible any help with this?
Sounds like a control conflict, but in order for us to help you'll really need to give us a bit more info on what hardware you're using for the rudder pedals and brakes. Do they work properly in other aircraft?

You should also download and install the latest Accu-Sim update if you haven't done so already: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=41279.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”