After the Update 4_13_2017, the lights go crazy

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Billy the Kid
Airman

After the Update 4_13_2017, the lights go crazy

Post by Billy the Kid »

after the Accu-Sim Update 4_13_2017, the lights go crazy, at least in my system, at least in P3d. Although the looping NAV switch sound bug was solved, first, with the navigation lights turn on, they flash like strobe lights, when in fact, they should be lit in a fixed way like in all other A2A aircrafts, no doubt it is a bug, and if you look at them from an external view, opening the panel with shift 3, you will notice that when you turn them "on" or turn them "off" from this panel, the flicker is constant. Put the mouse arrow (becomes a hand cursor) over the "nav" icon under the LIGHTS seccion of the shift 3 panel, and you will notice that it blinks "on" "off" alternatively. In addition, when you turn off the battery and the navigation lights switch, they remain flashing and turned on, even without a power source. Sometimes the "Battery" script under the ELECTRIC seccion blinks too, I mean, in some cases, the word "Battery" under the section ELECTRIC, also blinks if it is placed on, the mouse cursor (in the form of a hand). I find it hard to believe that this happens only in my installation since all other A2A products run like a charm and only with the awesome T-6 does this happen. Any idea?

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Re: After the Update 4_13_2017, the lights go crazy

Post by gulredrel »

Do you use FSUIPC or some hardware buttons/knobs/axis? Maybe there is something mapped to battery/lights switch which makes them blink?

Can't speak for P3D cause I use FSX:SE, but T-6 works as intended there and the nav-light switch loop was definitely fixed for me with the update mentioned above.
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

if you remove things like FSUIPC out of the equation and get back to a more default P3D setup does the issue go away?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Billy the Kid
Airman

Post by Billy the Kid »

I think I've discovered the problem, I always start the flight with the default p3d plane and then I load the A2A plane, if I start directly with the T-6 by choosing it from the main menu the problem disappears. But then another problem appears, there are no 3D lights, and there are no strobe lights, only strobes in the right wing and not always working, and navigation lights are not visible from the VC. Any idea how to properly start the flight so that the software is loaded correctly and without missing? The issue of VC lights, especially navigation and strobes is a common problem many times present in my system with A2A models.

Billy the Kid
Airman

Post by Billy the Kid »

No, I have not discovered anything because I started a flight by directly choosing the T-6 and the flickering of the navigation lights keeps going, only visible from an external view. And yes, I use fsuipc for the axes and the joystick, and disconnecting it also happens

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

Flickering is usually a function of either a faulty graphic card driver, problems with DirectX or something wrong with the aircraft installation. Provide full system specs.

1: Remove fully and reinstall the aircraft and the update, don't just install over the top. You will be prompted for a DirectX check at the same time.

2: Check the Prepar3d.cfg for double entries for the card and its drivers, post contents here for us to review for inappropriate alterations. :|

3: Delete the Shader Cache and allow the sim to rebuild the temporary shaders on reboot. A good refresh of the cache every so often, particularly if you are making changes to card, drivers or settings is a very useful bit of `housecleaning.` :wink:

Billy the Kid
Airman

Post by Billy the Kid »

Hello mallcott, thank you, here my specs, i7-4770 4.0Ghz / 8GB DDR3 1866MHz / Nvidia GTX770 2GB / OS W10, P3d, done 3 points step by step, the same issue. Please can you confirm, that if you go to an external view, in your P3d, and open the shift 3 panel, and switch on or off the "nav" lights from the panel or switch off the "battery" from the panel the wing navigation lights red or Green do not twinkle like the strobes do, in your system?...

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I just reinstalled P3Dv3 for a clean install and cannot re-produce this at all on a clean install with just the T-6 and updating it with the latest updater. Whats your default flight and how are you loading into the sim?

thanks,
Lewis

Billy the Kid
Airman

Post by Billy the Kid »

Hello Lewis, then it's a problem on my system, I'm going to have to do the same thing you did with the p3d installation. I start by choosing the T-6 from the main menu of P3d and then everything else, I never start first with a default flight of the simulator and then choosing the model a2a on the default, what do you recommend?

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

Billy the Kid wrote:Hello Lewis, then it's a problem on my system, I'm going to have to do the same thing you did with the p3d installation. I start by choosing the T-6 from the main menu of P3d and then everything else, I never start first with a default flight of the simulator and then choosing the model a2a on the default, what do you recommend?
The advice is, and remains to start the sim with a default aircraft, preferably a simple one, then switch to the A2A aircraft. After you have set everything up you can save the A2A bird and load THAT in future. It is most likely the problem is with the saved flight.

I am using P3Dv3.4 on Win 10 and have no such problems as you. Across four other rigs I have installed P3D on, including the flying clubs own rig which is hardly well-maintained, none have this problem.

Billy the Kid
Airman

Post by Billy the Kid »

Thank you mallcott, when you refer to start the sim with a default aircraft, preferably a simple one, can you exactly explain wich one to choose in P3d and in what way you do?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

when the sim loads just click fly and the default flight should be the F22 somewhere. Once loaded change your aircraft to the T-6 (don't change location at this time) and see if the issue persists. If the sim loads with a different aircraft than the jet then it means that you have changed your default flight and the default flight could be the fault.

thanks,
Lewis

Billy the Kid
Airman

Post by Billy the Kid »

I did exactly what you have suggested to me, started with the f22, then load the T-6, and then the same problem, I go to an external view, open the panel with shift 3, turn off the navigation lights for example, and start The intermittent flickering of the navigation lights with the switch off, is a strange thing ... I would like to know how to create a video to show the issue, it is not a determining or important problem but it is strange that happens in my installation only ...mainly because it is the only a2a aircraft with which I have a problem, and it seems similarly to the original looping sound problem in the navigation key... so I can not figure why all is perfect with all the other a2a beauties... :(

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

what is the default flight you have?

thanks
Lewis

Billy the Kid
Airman

Post by Billy the Kid »

Hi Lewis, the default f22 and I tested without changing anything, starting from the menú, and on flight changing to the T-6...

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”