Unable to use A2A T-6

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
zarp51
Airman

Unable to use A2A T-6

Post by zarp51 »

A few weeks ago I purchased the T-6 I downloaded it and the aircraft itself comes up in my flight sim. My sim is on my "E" drive not on "C" In the aircraft selection chart the T-6 's all have a nose cone. when I select one of them and bring it up on the fly now exhibit they have no nose cones, first problem, not that bad could live with that. However there is no maintenance list or hanger if thats what it's called and the aircraft cannot be started. when selected it appears on the runway engine dead and nothing will start it. When I select the default start location it appears in the air and can be controlled to a landing but without an engine. I cannot find any reference to the maintenance program anywhere on my computer. I have been trying to contact someone about this for several weeks now and just now was able to reset my password and get into this section. This forum IS NOT going to be able to help with this it will take several weeks no doubt to correspond back and forth with things I don't understand. I have never solved any thing with a forum, I am NOT Bill Gates! I have only rudimentary understanding of a computer. I had a similar experience with the twenty nine palms scenery. it comes with a two part installation program. It seems having my flight sim on my e drive causes some kind of problem as some downloads do not give you a choice of where you download them. I keep my flight sim on my terra byte slave drive to prevent it from becoming contaminated. My C drive is just big enough to contain my operating system and my basic programs so when it crashes it can be wiped and reloaded without losing all the programs I paid for on my slave drive. To get my twenty nine palms working we did a remote and fixed it online. it works fine now. This was an expensive program . I sure hope I didn't just throw my money in the street I hope this can somehow be fixed. Thank you. Dan.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Unable to use A2A T-6

Post by Oracle427 »

Looks like you may only have to wait a few minutes...

From the sound of it I think you need to install Simconnect for P3D as per the FAQ topic. I'm assuming that you use P3D.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 30&t=52226

Excerpt below:

P3D - Installed but nothing works and all is broken!?

P3DV2/3 sometimes wont install the required simconnect files. No worries though as they are provided by Lockheed in the following directory;

\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib (replacing 2 with 3 if using P3DV3).
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums.

It sounds like you will want to run through the manual. The manual is located under your Start Menu > All Programs > A2A Simulations.

For things like adding the spinner, maintenance hanger etc you will be wanting to use your 2d panel system in the sim. By default this is the shift + 2,3,4,5 etc keys.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

You also need to install as administrator the latest update found here.

http://www.a2asimulations.com/downloads ... _09_16.zip

Unzip this and run the *.exe file by right clicking on it and selecting run as administrator.

You will also need to read the manual found under your start/all programmes/A2A/etc

You also must use a default aircraft as your "start up flight" choose the default trike or 172 and pick an airport of your choice.Then save that flight and make it your start up flight.then after you start flightsim you can change the default aircraft for an A2A aircraft.

Cheers Chris
Don,t be so pessimistic we will have you up and running in no time.

zarp51
Airman

Post by zarp51 »

Can you make anything out of this? I have no clue! Just like I said I'm not Bill Gates. This is what I get when I go to start/ a2a simulations/ aircraft configurator. See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect, Version=10.0.61259.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect, Version=10.0.61259.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
at A2A.FSX.Tools.AircraftConfigurator.T6.Form1.DefWndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5485 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
T6 Aircraft Configurator
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///E:/Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%20X/A2A/T6/Tools/T6%20Aircraft%20Configurator.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5491 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8686 (QFE.050727-8600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5495 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Dan,

Yeah, it's as Oracle mentioned in his post above. SimConnect is missing or not properly installed:
zarp51 wrote:Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect, Version=10.0.61259.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
The probable solution for FSX users is posted in the FAQ thread:
Lewis - A2A wrote:How to fix SimConnect:

- Run the Microsoft DirectX installer here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... x?id=34429
- Run the Microsoft FSX Simconnect installer here: http://a2asimulations.com/public/downlo ... onnect.msi
- Reboot your computer
Then install the Accu-Sim update as described above.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

zarp51
Airman

Post by zarp51 »

OK I got the T0-6 engine to start. and I can now fly it. Cannot find the maintenance section. Engine pops periodically when bringing it up from an idle If this happens on my real T-6 I'm thinking it is going to blow off the intake tubes. Also cannot lower or raise flaps in increments, full up or full down is the only choice. At least I can use the T-6 now thanks for your assistance so far.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

The Accusim planes are very complex addons. So I think you should read the manual as suggested by Chris above:
Speedy70 wrote:You will also need to read the manual found under your start/all programmes/A2A/etc
This should solve a lot of your issues and will enable you to use the full potential of this beautiful simulation!

As for your questions.

The maintenance hangar can be found by pressing shift+7.

Yes the T-6 does backfire or misfire when you bring the engine up from idle. You need to move the throttle carefully in order to prevent this. I have never flown a real T-6 (unfortunately :wink: ) but as far as I understand this behavior is correct.

The flaps will move to their full stop position if you move the flap lever to up or down. It is a three way flap lever. Up Off Down. So if you were to extend the flaps and want to stop them half way put the flap lever to down, wait till the flaps reach your desired position (check the flap indicator) and then put the flap lever into neutral/off position. If your plane is fit to fly the flaps will stop there until you command up or down again. If they don't you might want to check your hydraulic fluid levels under the fuel and payload manager (shift+4). Same goes if you retract the flaps and want to stop somewhere on the way. Just put the flap lever from up to off/neutral and the flaps will stop moving.

Hope this helps!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

glad to hear you are up and flying. The behavior you mentioned is exactly as it should be. Here's the T-6 we flew and recorded, all our Accu-sim T-6 simulation is based on first hand direct recording of our test flight programme we have developed over the years;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWJ6fPJhuZQ&t=524s

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWJ6fPJhuZQ&t=524s[/youtube]

thanks,
Lewis

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

A bit of a necropost by Sebastian! :mrgreen: Unfortunately we missed the OP's follow up questions at the time, but if you're still around Dan, hope you're getting on okay with the T-6. :)

Nick

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Nick M wrote:A bit of a necropost by Sebastian! :mrgreen: Unfortunately we missed the OP's follow up questions at the time, but if you're still around Dan, hope you're getting on okay with the T-6. :)

Nick
You know what. This is super weird. I have not posted this today! :shock: I posted this back in June. And today it popped up again as a fresh post. So either somethin is wrong with the forum or someone has hacked my account :? I'm gonna change my password to be sure. Anyone else had this happen before?
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

It did seem a little strange. :) Maybe there's a hole in the Spacetime horizon? That's unless you use the same password as this guy? :mrgreen: Seriously though, don't think I've seen any similar behaviour before with my posts. Maybe Lewis can elaborate?

Cheers,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

No idea, a ghost in the system maybe :mrgreen:

I didn't have any moderation posts waiting that might otherwise be an easy explanation.

thanks,
Lewis

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Hehe thats a good one Nick. :lol: Very funny movie.

I guess it was just one of those Internet glitches...

Happy flying

zarp51
Airman

Post by zarp51 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

glad to hear you are up and flying. The behavior you mentioned is exactly as it should be. Here's the T-6 we flew and recorded, all our Accu-sim T-6 simulation is based on first hand direct recording of our test flight programme we have developed over the years;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWJ6fPJhuZQ&t=524s

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWJ6fPJhuZQ&t=524s[/youtube]

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”