T-6 Fuel Gauges

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
krats
Airman First Class

T-6 Fuel Gauges

Post by krats »

I can't find the fuel gauges in either cockpit view
Also, does anyone know what the fuel gauge "High and Floor option is all about".??? Clicking on it doesn't seem to do anything
on my system ( Windows 7, FSX, etc.)

Krats

homer339
Airman

Re: T-6 Fuel Gauges

Post by homer339 »

Hi,

Look at both sides next at your seat (floor), if you use the ''High and Floor option'' set it to floor and they will show up at both sides.

Homer

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

homer339 wrote:Hi,

Look at both sides next at your seat (floor), if you use the ''High and Floor option'' set it to floor and they will show up at both sides.

Homer
+1

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

krats
Airman First Class

Post by krats »

Hi Guys;
Thanks for the input--- I tried the high-position and the gauges do show up----- However, at the low position, they are absolutely not visible on my screen in "virtual cockpit" mode.
Is this normal ???

Krats

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yeah, this is normal Krats. In the real aircraft, the fuel gauges are apparently mounted on the floor, below and to either side of the pilot's seat. However, in FSX when mounted in this realistic "low" position they can't be seen without moving your eye position (tricky to do without TrackIR or EZdok). I believe this is why A2A created the fictional "high" option which brings them up to the level of the seat cushion where they can be seen just by twisting your head.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

krats
Airman First Class

Post by krats »

Hi Nick:
Thank you for your reply. What you said makes sense to me . I'll just forget about looking at the fuel gauges in cockpit mode.
The T-6 is a great sim flyer and I never stay up long enough to run low on fuel.

Cheers back to you ------ Krats

T6flyer
Staff Sergeant

Post by T6flyer »

griphos
Airman

Post by griphos »

I've looked through the manual and also the configurator, and do not see how to set the "high" option so that I can see the fuel gauges without using TrackIR.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
SHIFT+3 is where to look , i have track ir 5 , and at floor level they are difficult to imposible to see , set high they come to either side of the seat base .
regards alan. 8)

griphos
Airman

Post by griphos »

Thanks, Alan!

Let me add that what prompted this query was running low on fuel in my left tank without me noticing while flying around Lake Powell. I should have noticed I was running low, however, since the airplane had been progressively heavy on the right, and I'd been adding in more and more left aileron to keep her level. I just love the attention to realism that A2A builds into their models!

ilya1502
Staff Sergeant

Post by ilya1502 »

There was a fuel system diagram in this thread. Can someone, please, re-upload it? Google now has only a very low-res version.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

You can try this link to avialogs... I'm not sure if this link will take you directly to the fuel diagram or to the main page. The info you want is on page 13 of the document. Or, you could just search in google for t-6g manual.
http://www.avialogs.com/viewer/avialogs ... hp?id=4007

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

krats wrote:Hi Guys;
Thanks for the input--- I tried the high-position and the gauges do show up----- However, at the low position, they are absolutely not visible on my screen in "virtual cockpit" mode.
Is this normal ???

Krats
As in the actual plane also. Giving duel in the back seat of the 6 I had to disengage the harness to take a look at the gauges.
In the sim I keep them in the high position all the time.
Dudley Henriques

ilya1502
Staff Sergeant

Post by ilya1502 »

Thanks, gentlemen, I've read the manual and studied the diagrams, but it is still not clear to me if there is any sense in pumping fuel with the manual pump before priming. According to the diagram, the primer takes fuel from around the pump, but where the pump is? If it is on the engine, then it is definitely a good idea to pump some fuel until fuel pressure is indicated on the gauge. Is it so on Texan? On the Chipmunk I've flown you had to do exactly like this, otherwise you would essentially prime the engine with air.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Ilya, unfortunately I've lost my flightsim for a while, so I can't really test anything. The diagram I have shows the primer as leading into the line above the engine driven pump, So I would assume that by "filling the lines" they are referring to fuel being positively available for the engine driven pump. There is no mention of using the hand pump at all during starting. The hand pump uses a line that bypasses the engine driven pump and provides fuel directly to the carburetor. You can use the hand pump prior to starting and watch the fuel pressure climb, but the pressure quickly reduces as you stop pumping.
The manual does say the hand pump will provide fuel under pressure directly to the carburetor if the the engine driven pump fails.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”