Found a small bug with the T6

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
RageShade1
Staff Sergeant

Found a small bug with the T6

Post by RageShade1 »

Ive been enjoying the T6 A LOT lately, And as I usually do with A2A aircraft I decided to create an oil leak by engine fire to run the engine without oil....What I noticed was, With the throttle all the way back to idle with the engine at 400rpm, at 0psi of oil pressure there was absolutely no damage to the engine at full operating temp after about 12 minutes of idling, just the oil temp and cyl temp being very high, but the engine itself was just fine, However if I bump the throttle to around 550rpm The damage modeling takes effect as it should. Just wanted to point this out, Oh also if you have more than a few dead cylinders then you shut down the T6 it tends to "windmill" for upwards of 30 seconds to 1min before the prop will come to a stop. Its very interesting lol. Beautiful aircraft guys :)

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Found a small bug with the T6

Post by Scott - A2A »

RageShade,

Thanks for the report, we'll look into it.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

s_gregg
Airman

Post by s_gregg »

I have also noticed that when the engine is damaged by overheating, it cannot be fully shutdown. Continues to windmill.

Steve

JamieKugelmann
Senior Airman

Post by JamieKugelmann »

My guess is 0-400rpm is the "starting range" for accusim.
I let the T6 idle at 400rpm then kept adding primer, the maintenance hangar said it was flooded, so I ran it up to 550rpm and it went away after a few seconds and adding primer didn't do anything.
Cirrus SR20 pilot based out of YMMB - Moorabbin Airport, Victoria, Australia.

RageShade1
Staff Sergeant

Post by RageShade1 »

Ahhh, That makes sense

TheAerialAssassin
Airman

Post by TheAerialAssassin »

May I also add that this happens with other planes, I've tried it with the Spitfire Ia. When the cylinders get in the red and you shut down the engine it continues to turn, as others have said. Haven't tried it with the other planes but I think it might be a bug with the latest update, and not plane specific.

RageShade1
Staff Sergeant

Post by RageShade1 »

Also can verify the p51 does the same thing as the t6, and cannot be shut down when heavily damaged

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”