Heidi ne... Flight Instructor for T-6

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
new reply
FlyingsCool
Airman First Class

Heidi ne... Flight Instructor for T-6

Post by FlyingsCool »

So, I love the whole concept of what it was like to train to be a military pilot, during WWII, or beyond, or even from day 1.

Not to mention I just "discovered" carrier aviation in FS.... What a gas.

Now, wouldn't it be cool if you combined these two things and took the technology to create Heidi and created a military flight instructor? They could have different personalities, one yells at you, the other is cool...

and, finishing the thought (Heidi tech and carrier aviation), since you'll be revisiting the Texan for P3D.... wouldn't it be cool to take that moment and add a model with a tailhook for carrier aviation? It would be an incentive for people to upgrade (hint, hint), and an added feature to increase sales (hint, hint) ;)

As has been said, it was a modification done by the Navy to a relatively small number of SNJ's, it was done and was vital to their training efforts in WWII.

I, mean, you know, I'm not just trying to convince you to add this feature just for me, and all, there's some real value to it...

FlyingsCool
Airman First Class

Re: Heidi ne... Flight Instructor for T-6

Post by FlyingsCool »

Here's an interesting account of a pilot doing his carrier quals in an SNJ during WWII. Well the account is a portion of the story...

https://disciplesofflight.com/in-the-na ... mber-1942/

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”