WWII Pilots for the T6 Texan

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
new reply
tgycgijoes
Airman

WWII Pilots for the T6 Texan

Post by tgycgijoes »

Its nice to have a choice of headgear, but Champion Ballcap or "Bone Dome" is not appropriate for a WWII Texan, not a restoration but a 1943 version. You could make a choice of "leather AN-H-16", "khaki AN-H-15" or "khaki garrison cap" and it would be fantastic. Is there any chance that you designers at A2A can create a "pilots_WWII" addon upgrade for this fantastic aircraft that could be in the WWII texture.

I will be posting my WWII airfields including SPENCE AAF. I found the fantastic four Airbases of 1950's vintage all yellow Texans in here and they are really nice. I created the airfield for Spence 1943 in ADEx and will be sharing it as soon as I am satisfied it has no bugs.

I sure hope and I am sure a lot of others hope this is not a NO.

patful
Master Sergeant

Re: WWII Pilots for the T6 Texan

Post by patful »

For a 1943 version, you'd be back to the giant radio mast in front of the cockpit and vintage instruments as well. Since it's an updated G, I'd be much happier with an option for a whip antenna.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes, sorry no plans for any WW2 pilots, the T-6G is actually a post war aircraft.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

mgr
Staff Sergeant

Post by mgr »

Hiya,

The pilots can be repainted to some extend. Some of my pilots have a WWII sheep-leather jacket.
See for example: https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?C ... LID=195747

Regards,

Marcel

FlyingsCool
Airman First Class

Post by FlyingsCool »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Yes, sorry no plans for any WW2 pilots, the T-6G is actually a post war aircraft.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Hmm, perhaps you might want to reflect this in your literature?

Now, in fact, one of my pet interests of late has been Post WWII training (My dad trained in the Navy in the late '50's). So a T-6G fits that.

But your literature makes it sound like it's a WWII trainer. Just a thought.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

FlyingsCool wrote: Hmm, perhaps you might want to reflect this in your literature?

Now, in fact, one of my pet interests of late has been Post WWII training (My dad trained in the Navy in the late '50's). So a T-6G fits that.

But your literature makes it sound like it's a WWII trainer. Just a thought.
The T-6 is a WW2 Trainer, but like so many it covers both sides. The aircraft is in fact a pre-war Trainer, a War Trainer, a post war trainer and still used to this day, our very own Scott getting his tail wheel endorsement in the T6 during his test flights for the simulation with our old friend and greatly missed, late Vlado Lenoch.

The T-6G variant was a post war one, but our sim relects the modern reality that most flying today are G's made to look like earlier versions as sometimes the variant differences where as simple as canopy changes which one can do in the simulation.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”