Staff Sergeant

Video - Texans in Alaska

Post by AerialShorts »

VR Simming with HP G2 - And Loving It!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Video - Texans in Alaska

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Great video, edited your post so its also embedded with the youtube tags.

How much difference is there from Vive to Vive Pro, is it really noticeable, and fps impact pushing those extra pixels?

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

AerialShorts
Staff Sergeant

Re: Video - Texans in Alaska

Post by AerialShorts »

Hey Lewis,

Thanks! Glad you like it! And thanks for the edit! Still trying to sort those tags since I don’t see the embedded videos on any of my systems - Linux, Windows, or tablet. Not sure why but it’s minor.

The difference between Vive and Vive Pro is very noticeable to me and is right where it makes a big difference in readability on dials and such. What you see in the video is about what I see though I don’t know if that’s a 1:1 exactly in the video since that’s the SteamVR wide mode mirror window being recorded with FlyInside running as well for smoothness. Really hoping for the performance increase from the 2080Ti to make FlyInside unnecessary.

But yep, you do notice the extra pixel load. It’s not bad but it seems to be there. That’s a 1080Ti running now. Need moar power. What we really need is eye tracking and foveated rendering.

If you liked that video, here's another you might like of the Spitfire as we trek our way across Alaska. I'll leave it as just a link since it’s in the wrong thread... https://youtube.com/watch?v=tIYbJkwqqrw

Most of the time we run A2A planes since the immersion is so strong, especially in VR. The Texan is really good for getting out of the plane and looking around since the fuselage is rendered to see it from pretty much all angles. The Spitfire is the same. Noticed the P-51 has a transparent fuselage if you get out on the wing. Not a big deal. With VR we just have the freedom to get out and admire the aircraft. :D

Cheers!
VR Simming with HP G2 - And Loving It!

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”