Gauges lighting ?

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
gnocgnoc
Airman First Class

Gauges lighting ?

Post by gnocgnoc »

Hi All,

Did someone already noticed the problem with the gauges lighting ?
On the right console we can find a "bright/dim" switch, so one could guess the Nav light switch to be a Nav/Instrument lighting but actually this latter only acts on external navigation lights, there’s no gauges' “inside” lighting.
Is this a missing implementation ?
Marc

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Gauges lighting ?

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

which platform are you using?

Here's the internal lamps in P3Dv4
https://www.facebook.com/A2ASimulations ... 677850365/

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

gnocgnoc
Airman First Class

Post by gnocgnoc »

Hello Lewis,

I use FSX but I'm not talking about the flood light which in the simulation, I supose , could be compared to GA aircrafts' dome lighting . The problem is with gauges individual lighting.
Marc

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi gnocgnoc.
If you had read the manual , you would have noticed the only gauges with internal lighting was your FUEL gauges either side of your pilots forward seat, the rest have a single light to your right that gives a low lighting on instruments , thats it , i believe in P3Dv4 they added a wonder light similar to a torch.
regards alan. 8)

gnocgnoc
Airman First Class

Post by gnocgnoc »

Hi Alan,

I've read the manual but what's the purpose on Bright/Dim switch then...? I see no "INOP" tag on it.
Marc

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
When operating bright dim on panel look at your fuel gauges , its been a while since i have been in the t6 , but i believe you can dim or bright the light on the right side by twisting the front of the light unit itself , i will check this shortly to refreash my memory.
regards alan. 8)

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi gnocgnoc.
Just got into the texan cold/dark in daylight , the lighting switches for the cockpit and fuel gauges are just on/off rotary switches not dimmers,no brightness adjustment on either.
The only bright/dim switch is a toggle switch for nav lights .
regards alan. 8)

gnocgnoc
Airman First Class

Post by gnocgnoc »

Yes but they do not act on anything at all
As I said previously, instrument lighting is frequently linked to external navigation lights (or the opposite if you wish;-). And generally there's a dimer (switch or knob ) for gauges light (and not for external nav lights).
IMHO something is not right here.
It looks like gauges' night textures are missing.
Marc

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

as mentioned there is no back lighting to the gauges.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi gnocgnoc.
The bright/dim does work on the nav lights only , better seen at night but i have just tried it myself so i know it makes the nav lights bright or dim , think of it as nav lights night and day , in daylight have them bright , at night they can be seen more clearly , so dim them down to save the lamp.
Remember when the aircraft was designed , it was a basic trainer for the military , most of its flying would be done in daylight hours hence the poor lighting in the cockpit.
Do not make the assumtion it should be like other aircraft , A2A go to great lengths to simulate the real aircraft , and this aircraft is no exception to the A2A professionalism on getting realism as good as the sim allows them to do.
As a real aircraft avionic engineer till i retired the inst dimmers do not effect nav lights as well , what other FSX/P3D aircraft models do in regards to alaising nav and instrument dimmers is wrong .
regards alan. 8)

gnocgnoc
Airman First Class

Post by gnocgnoc »

Hi Alan,

Sorry but it doesn’t work in my FSX version.I can’t see any changes neither at night nor during daytime. Maybe you use P3D ??
I know the A2A work is great (I’ve a fair collection of their babies !) but, you know I worked (professionaly) in aircraft modelling for 15 years so I also know that nothing is 100% bug free… :roll: :wink:.
This is maybe not a bug but this is not clear to me as it just have no effect in FSX(SE).
alan CXA651 wrote: the inst dimmers do not effect nav lights as well , what other FSX/P3D aircraft models do in regards to alaising nav and instrument dimmers is wrong .
regards alan. 8)
Err..I think the switch other aircrafts do not act on nav lights and instrument dimmers but rather on nav lights and instrument lights. Instrument dimmer is managed by another switch/button. Are the A2A-Cherokee's lights not correct ?
Marc

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
For your info i use FSX+Axceleration , i am still waiting for all my favourite aircraft i have being made for P3Dv4 before i jump .
Do not match one aircraft against another , they are all different , and A2A use real aircraft to get their aircraft as near perfect as possible , different aircraft manufacturers have different ideas and as such A2A model them features , when you tried the nav light dimming in your t6 , did you have strobes on or off , if as i suspect you had them on , it would over power the nav in dimmer mode and you would not notice the difference , otherwise it maybe an FSXSE issue.
regards alan. 8)

gnocgnoc
Airman First Class

Post by gnocgnoc »

if as i suspect you had them on
Come on.... :roll:. I'm not so stupid :lol: :wink:
Marc

gnocgnoc
Airman First Class

Post by gnocgnoc »

Ok...
When landing lights are on an extra spotlight appears on the tail.
That's the only light affected by the dim/bright switch. It doesn't make any sense to me but maybe someone could explain ?
Marc

gnocgnoc
Airman First Class

Post by gnocgnoc »

Hi All,
I’m using FSX-SE and the strange light effect I experimented with the T6 (see above discussion) became contagious ! My poor Cherokee got the same kind of desease. The famous dementia of light effects !!
I’ve finally find a way to solve the problem and maybe this can help some of you.
Actually I’m using Steve Parsons’ DX10SceneryFixer (this is an addon for FSX, it improves the DirectX10 management) maybe this tool was at the origin of my problem but anyway here is the cure:

I hope it helps
Marc

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”