Breakers & manifold pressure gauge drain valve

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
new reply
gnocgnoc
Airman First Class

Breakers & manifold pressure gauge drain valve

Post by gnocgnoc »

Hi All,

First of all, A2A fans please do not stone after reading my questions. I’m A2A fan too;-)
So the questions are :

1-Do the breakers work ? I mean do they switch off automatically ? If so what can make this happens (in sim) and/ how to make this happens (if this can be intentionally done) ? 

2-More or less the same question for the manifold pressure gauge drain valve. Does it work ? And if so what can make this happens (in sim) and/ how to make this happens (if this can be intentionally done) ?
Marc

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Breakers & manifold pressure gauge drain valve

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

The circuit breakers can pop-up, if there is an overload of the specific system they protect. Honestly said, I haven't seen one pop in my T-6.
For the manifold drain valve, you can check in the T-6 manual on page 72, it is described for what it is used. Whether this is simulated in the model, I am not sure, someone from A2A team may answer to that.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

gnocgnoc
Airman First Class

Post by gnocgnoc »

Yes, my question was rather to know if these features work like on the real T6 ? Maybe these are just nice dummies.
Marc

john99vette
Senior Airman

Post by john99vette »

The drain valve is replicated and moves when actuated. Whether the draining of the manifold is replicated is again up to A2A team to answer

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We didn't model the manifold pressure gauge drain valve. The circuit breakers are wired into the electrical system and are functional. As seen on the forums, it's extremely rare for a breaker to pop due to a spike or malfunction. We have discussed ideas of giving the user the option of increasing the chances of certain failures, not just within the electrical system but all systems including steam gauges. This is something we would really like to do, but need to get a load of work off of our plate before making that so.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

gnocgnoc
Airman First Class

Post by gnocgnoc »

Ok Thanks for your reply.

Yes a kind of failure manager dedicated to A2A aircraft would be great (a bit like the FS default one).
Marc

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”