The last A2A update and P3D v4.1

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
new reply
ilya1502
Staff Sergeant

The last A2A update and P3D v4.1

Post by ilya1502 »

I'm not really sure where to post this since it's pertinent to all A2A models.

How can I check if the latest update for P3D v4.1 (Win 10) is installed properly? The point is that I used to quite a different procedure: it would check for presence of every product in turn, then download some files when a model is found, install them and proceed to the next, and it would always take quite a while to complete the update routine. This time the update installed so briskly after I specified the folder that I couldn't really see if anything happened at all. The window just reported that the update was installed successfully and suggested that I pressed 'Finish'... Is it how it's supposed to be?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: The last A2A update and P3D v4.1

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yeah, that sounds about right Ilya. In this case the updater doesn't change any aircraft-specific file but it updates the shared Accu-Sim module instead so it's a very quick process as you say. You'll soon know if the update wasn't effective because you'll be unable to taxi around tight turns.

Cheers,
Nick

ilya1502
Staff Sergeant

Post by ilya1502 »

Thanks, Nick.

What puzzles me is that I've never installed any other updates for A2A models for P3D v4.1, it's a clean install. Does it imply that the models themselves already include all necessary updates?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Indeed - when A2A recompiled the add-ons for P3Dv4, the new installers included all updates released to date.

Nick

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”