Heavy right wing.......

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
new reply
swede
Airman

Heavy right wing.......

Post by swede »

I have noticed the A/C wants to constantly drop the right wing. I looked around the forum and found that there is no way to trim this out with the sim as is. Has anyone else run into this? It is annoying when attempting a long flight and really annoying maintaining wings level through to touch down with it wanting to drop. Any advise or tips or info appreciated ........Blue Skies ..... :?

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: Heavy right wing.......

Post by DHenriques_ »

swede wrote:I have noticed the A/C wants to constantly drop the right wing. I looked around the forum and found that there is no way to trim this out with the sim as is. Has anyone else run into this? It is annoying when attempting a long flight and really annoying maintaining wings level through to touch down with it wanting to drop. Any advise or tips or info appreciated ........Blue Skies ..... :?
There are several reasons why you might have a heavy wing in flight. The most common by far is fuel imbalance. Check your tanks and try to keep your fuel consumption as equal as possible between the right and left tank.
The T6 aileron trim tabs are adjustable on the ground only so you don't have a cockpit control to do that. You can fudge with the sim assignment for aileron trim and trim wings level using a key or controller assignment but that's "cheating". Try my suggestion for the fuel. Just to check this go into the loadings applet and load the tanks exactly equally and see if that helps with bringing the wings level in flight. Try running the engine for 15 minutes on one tank then the other one.
Dudley Henriques

swede
Airman

Post by swede »

Dudley, Thanks for getting back to me on this. I will try your suggestions and see what I find. Hadn't considered the tanks !!!

swede
Airman

Post by swede »

Dudley, you were correct. Left tank below 1/2. I am used to using A/C with fuel flow from all tanks. I still have not located the fuel gauges. The book says they are on the floor but, nowhere down there. Tried the higher mount with same lack of success. I hope the two warning lights on the panel are not what is considered a "Fuel Gauge". Any help with this? Thanks ........

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

swede wrote:Dudley, you were correct. Left tank below 1/2. I am used to using A/C with fuel flow from all tanks. I still have not located the fuel gauges. The book says they are on the floor but, nowhere down there. Tried the higher mount with same lack of success. I hope the two warning lights on the panel are not what is considered a "Fuel Gauge". Any help with this? Thanks ........
They are there. You need that "high look" selected to see them but they are there. Try panning around the side of the seat in the front cockpit.
Glad you found the issue. Enjoy the 6. It's one of our better efforts ! :-))
DH

swede
Airman

Post by swede »

Will go searching again and get back to you....thanks

swede
Airman

Post by swede »

Again, you were correct. I was looking for a glass faced fuel guage. But they were right where they were supposed to be. Not sure how they work as they appear metal but, as long as they work! OK, one last question and I will leave you in peace, at least for a while. I am assuming the flaps are like a Spitfires, either all up or all down? While the "face" indicator on the panel shows different degree settings, it seems the flaps are on a all up, all down, period. Am I correct in this? What I found in the manual seems to support this? Thanks for putting up with me ......Blue Skies ......

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

The flap lever has three positions. up, down and neutral. While retracting or extending them, they can be placed in any intermediate position bei placing the handle in the neutral position.
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

swede
Airman

Post by swede »

Terrific...thanks. Will check that out on the ground and see how it works.....

swede
Airman

Post by swede »

Got it, had to reset in the settings for operation.......much, much better ......

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

Glad to hear, it's sorted out.

When you have the P-40, there is the same operating mode regarding the flap lever, but you have to operate the hydraulic pump yourself (switch on the stick or manual per hydr. pump lever). Adds next level of detail :mrgreen:
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

swede
Airman

Post by swede »

I have your P-40. And yes, I learned to DISCO in the cockpit going through all the required movements after takeoff! A busy time! Landings, a little more relaxed. Makes one appreciate the leap forward to hydraulics and electric motors for this event.......also appreciate the ability of the "Tigers", when a "get it off the ground" event happened in China! I also have your P-47 and B-17.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”