another T-6 purchused

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
new reply
crashxpert
Airman

another T-6 purchused

Post by crashxpert »

After waiting I finally picked up the T-6 last night. Tail draggers and warbirds usually are not my cup of tea. I have the P40 and P51 but never spent alot of time in them. Awhile back I went back to the basics and stopped treating fsx like a game and started to treat it like a learning tool. I used the Comanche to learn the patterns, radio navigation and so on. After seeing the T-6 come out I was curious about it but never pulled the trigger until last night I finally gave it. Im glad I did! Yeah it feels like a slow war bird but had enough GA touch to make me really like...not as much as the Comanche but close :wink: . Start up, taxi, takoff and flight were easy enough but had enough things to keep my eyes on for an engaging flight. Now landing...it can be a challenging as anyone has said. Landings one and three it started to ground loop and was able to recover. Second landing I went about 50 yards off the end of the run way(for whatever reason if the stick wasnt neutral or forward the brakes wouldnt apply?) But finally on landing 4 I flew to my normal local airport that has wider and longer runways my aim was on touched down just pasted to numbers bang on then center line. Danced on the rudder the whole way and when the tail came down used the brakes to keep it straight. I can see why people say the T-6 is a rewarding aircraft when you get it right. All in all I think im really going to enjoy the T-6. My Comanche is probably going to get jealous.
Anyways. Thanks to the A2A team. You hit another home run!!

Matt
PS LOVE the engine sound at a low idle. Sounds like my uncles cammed 454 with open exhaust

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: another T-6 purchused

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

glad you are enjoying the simulation, I hope you master her as best you can and the sim brings you many hours of enjoyment in the virtual skies.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”