The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
new reply

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: For thise who still cant get the hang of the T6

Post by Lewis - A2A »

hehe awesome 8)
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Many, many thanks for giving us this informative link.; clearly not at all motivated by one-upmanship.

Amongst other shots, I particularly enjoyed the landing scenes.

This is a great plane, the CLASSIC; really beneficial to fly, the pilot has to take centre-stage, not just pushing buttons.

I think this will also be of value to those who easily grasped the T-6.

Really appreciative of your generosity and enthusiasm,

Rod

PS i STILL haven't figured out how to apply parking brakes prior to shutdown. (After different attempts, i always manage to apply brakes but have yet to work out how i do it?!)
Last edited by rod55 on 29 May 2017, 10:03, edited 1 time in total.

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

PS i STILL haven't figured out how to apply parking brakes prior to shutdown. (After different attempts, i always manage to apply brakes but have yet to work out how i do it?!)
Push and keep the brake pedals pushed. Pull and keep the parking brake handle pulled. Release the pedals and now the parking brake handle should stay in position with brakes applied.
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Gulredrel,

vielen dank fur die Hilfe! Alles ist clar und est geht sehr gut. (hoping spelling and grammar are ok?)

Thanks for such straightforward help, given so quickly and with great effect.

Next T-6 flight ........... Coningsby to Marham; this evening. (Free scenery from FlightSim.com (and/or Avsim)....... also got Lossiemouth and Leeming)

Back to knocking up chicken and prawn Balti curry for my team here in drizzling Birmingham.

Now I can park the FAB T-6!!

Rod

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

Schön, dass ich helfen konnte.

OT now:
Almost perfect. You need the ü for "für" or use "ue" as u-Umlaut instead, when your keyboard is missing the letter (on German keyboard it is right next to letter p, maybe changing layout works there). "Klar" goes with k as only few usual words in German start with c. Grammar must be horrible for non German speaking people. It sometimes confuses us :wink:
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Again thank you, Gulredrel for your help re umlauts and K not C. Compared to Scandinavians and north Europeans, we (now multi-cultural) English are comparatively poor at language; and, like many of my neighbours, also have problems with our own language and it's grammar. I find Deutsch familiar. Over a thousand plus years we have common influences e.g. Saxons, Romans.

Yesterday evening's T-6 flight to Coningsby airbase was even more atmospheric and enjoyable due to it piddling down and amid murky skies.

Rod

(Now, to consider the inconsistent issue of "MPH or KTS?" as applied to T-6)

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Hey - I can wait as long as it takes. I'm not loading P3Dv4 onto my computer until that I know that my trusty Six will be available. Just flew my very favorite version of the machine, N7231C, the USAAF sled with the black diamonds on the yellow cowl, out of Arlington down to a touch and go at Harvey Field, then up to Skagit Airport for a quick stop to see some pals. This was done with zero squirreliness on the takeoffs or the landings! Don't worry; I'm not getting complacent. No way. All it takes is a bit of a crosswind, and watch out!

This is the most addictive airplane I have ever flown in any flight sim!

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”