$100 Piece of chicken

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

$100 Piece of chicken

Post by Paughco »

This morning the weather in our area was pretty bad, but things started to improve in the afternoon, so I zipped down to Arlington Field and rolled my T-6 out of the Hangar, fired her up and flew into Darrington for a couple pieces of that IGA Deli fried chicken. First I flew north of KAWO, climbing steadily to about 5,000 feet. I dropped the nose to build up some speed then pulled her up into a loop. It was a very sloppy loop, as I fell out of the top. No full on stall/spin, just the nose quickly falling and we built up some airspeed straight down, then pulled out. Hmm. Will have to review some aerobatics stuff on YouTube. Then I pointed the nose east and flew up the Stillaguamish Valley:

The usual approach is made by flying up the south side of the Valley toward Darrington, with airplane flying right towards the mountains of the Mount Baker National Forest on the downwind leg, with the base leg approximately over Sauk River, then swinging onto final into RWY 28. Well, according to the radio calls, RWY 10 was in use, so I did a tight 180 and flew a downwind for RWY 10. Funny. The wind was blowing out of 260 at about 7 knots, but oh well... The landing was made with ZERO drama! Here we are getting off the runway:

I taxied in and shut her down, and got some of that IGA Deli fried chicken. I like to sit at the bench in front of the store and eat my chicken while gazing up at that White Horse Mountain across the Valley. I walked back to the field and got ready to start her up:

Back down the Valley we flew:

Once again, the landing was done with virtually ZERO drama. Maybe it was because I had recently watched a really good USN training film on takeoff, approach, and landing in the SNJ (Navy T-6). Here is the link: https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 23&t=59078

Here we are back at Arlington:

I really enjoy this airplane!

Seeya
ATB

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: $100 Piece of chicken

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Cool flight wrapped in a nice little story! But I believe that chicken was way more expensive than 100$ considering the fuel consumption of the T-6 alone :wink: :D
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”