Whoops

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
new reply
bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Whoops

Post by bobsk8 »

Got a scenario set up in P3D with the T6 on short final to an airport to practice landings. Loaded it this morning, flew a perfect approach, dropped flaps, 90 mph, flared right over the centerline, touched down and the next thing I know the aircraft is on it's nose, bent prop, smoke, sparks, crash. Went to the maintenace hangar, and it basically needed a new engine. Gear was down, so I couldn't figure out what went wrong. Loaded the scenario again, same thing, same exact result. It acted like an aircraft with a nose gear, and the nose gear failed to deploy. Another new engine, and prop. Loaded it again, and as I am flying to the landing, I noticed the warning on the lower left of my screen in Red " Parking Brake"......... :oops:
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Whoops

Post by Ron Attwood »

First thing that springs to mind. Don't try a three point landing. Secondly, you really do have to fly the thing until it has stopped! It's like that in real life...As I understand. :D

EDIT: As per usual, read the bloody post right the way through! :oops: Please ignore my utter tosh.
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

Ron Attwood wrote:First thing that springs to mind. Don't try a three point landing. Secondly, you really do have to fly the thing until it has stopped! It's like that in real life...As I understand. :D

EDIT: As per usual, read the bloody post right the way through! :oops: Please ignore my utter tosh.
My best landings are three point landings, nail almost every one of them except when the parking brake is on.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Great Ozzie
A2A Test Pilot

Post by Great Ozzie »

Ron Attwood wrote:EDIT: As per usual, read the bloody post right the way through! :oops: Please ignore my utter tosh.
I rather enjoyed it Ron.

Still 'tis good advice! :lol:
Rob Osborne
Flight Instructor - CFI, CFII, MEI, MEII
A & P Mechanic

FAASTeam - Safer Skies Through Education
Professionalism in aviation is the pursuit of excellence through discipline, ethical behavior and continuous improvement. NBAA

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”