T-6 not following GTN650 flightplan

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
new reply
avduarri
Senior Airman

T-6 not following GTN650 flightplan

Post by avduarri »

Hi,
I read similar posts refering to the problem of the T-6 Autopilot not following a GTN650 flightplan, but after reading the answers I'm not able to understand the solution.

I will apreciate if somebody can tell me in an "easy language" how to make the Autopilot to follow a GTN650 flightplan.

I used the A2A Configuration Tool to add the GTN650 in both the T-6 and the C-182. The C-182 is working fine, following flightplans (GTN650 on GPS, Autopilot in NAV mode) and making GPS approches. But with the T-6, everytime I click right mouse button on the Autopilot to follow the flightplan the aircraft turns and follow 140 degrees heading. Whatever I do, when activating the NAV mode on the Autopilot to follow the flightplan (and GTN650 in GPS mode) the T-6 turns to the same direction, heading 140 degrees.

Thanks for your time.
Regards

Àngel

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: T-6 not following GTN650 flightplan

Post by Tomas Linnet »

I've never used a GPs or the autopilot in the T6. Maybe you need to set a key to toggle the autopilot between nav an GPS mode. I believe it's possible to do that in th FSX control settings
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Àngel,

Did you see the latter part of the "T-6 not following GTN650 flightplan" thread, specifically these posts by Jason ('jspringe') and Brian ('Stofvel')? I see you posted earlier in the thread, but these posts seem to describe the solution. I don't use the GTN650 myself I'm afraid, so can't contribute further.

Nick

BrettT
Staff Sergeant

Post by BrettT »

I struggled with this a bit and the key thing I had to change was to go into the GTN config file for the T-6 and change the Autopilot=1 to 0. That did the trick.

Hope this helps

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

when it turns to 140 again press D...

sometimes your FS' internal logic sets the (internally calculated) heading to something else and the output on your instruments wich are calculated outside of FS are different to the FS own values..

Hope it helps

Greets,
Marc

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”