The A2A Simulations Community

"Come share your passion for flight"
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:24 am 
Offline
Master Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:59 pm
Posts: 1153
Location: LBSF
Hi,

Steve - FlightChops flies "the Harvard" in his latest video. :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3-b5z6YqKU&t=888s[/youtube]

Watching this, I was thinking with how many things I'm already familiar with about this aircraft - thanks to A2A's wonderful model.

The Landings...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcPQA_Z5ufI[/youtube]


Cheerz,
Will

_________________
Bonanza Skylane Skyhawk Cherokee Cub
Texan Mustang Spitfire
Flying Fortress


Last edited by LZ-WIL on Mon May 21, 2018 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 4:06 pm 
Offline
Senior Airman
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:00 am
Posts: 189
LZ-WIL wrote:
Hi,

Steve - FlightChops flies "the Harvard" in his latest video. :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3-b5z6YqKU&t=888s[/youtube]

Watching this, I was thinking with how many things I'm already familiar with about this aircraft - thanks to A2A's wonderful model.

Cheerz,
Will


Was just about to post this too. Great video. :)

_________________
Warbirds and GA is my thing!
Image

Dreamsofwings youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCihlsMTYUWDNAv69lJKGbeA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:58 am 
Online
Senior Master Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:37 pm
Posts: 1518
Location: Bethesda, MD
My favorite YouTube aviation channel by a wide margin. Apparently this is the first of a series - am seriously looking forward to the rest. Thanks for posting!

_________________
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:04 am 
Offline
Chief Master Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:14 pm
Posts: 3924
Location: Germany
Awesome video! It must be so great to fly the T-6 in RL. I’m really looking forward to the next episode when Steve is showing the approaches and landings. Thats gonna be fun to watch from the sofa :wink:

And yes Alan I agree. Best aviation YouTube channel!

_________________
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:34 am 
Offline
A2A Lieutenant Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:22 pm
Posts: 28089
Location: Beccles, Suffolk, UK
Watched this yesterday and great video (as normal from flightchops). Looking forward to the next ones 8)

cheers,
Lewis

_________________
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:58 pm 
Offline
Chief Master Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:14 pm
Posts: 3924
Location: Germany
Hey guys,

new FlightChops episode where Steve's landing the Harvard. Awesome stuff. Watch here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcPQA_Z5ufI[/youtube]

Happy flying

_________________
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:14 pm 
Offline
Master Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:59 pm
Posts: 1153
Location: LBSF
Just watched it! :D Indeed awesome stuff.

Cheerz,
Will

_________________
Bonanza Skylane Skyhawk Cherokee Cub
Texan Mustang Spitfire
Flying Fortress


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:30 pm 
Offline
Chief Master Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:14 pm
Posts: 3924
Location: Germany
LZ-WIL wrote:
Just watched it! :D Indeed awesome stuff.

And I find it interesting what he says. He goes: “..it’s been 20 years of worrying about this thing..” Which shows what reputation the T-6 has gotten over the years. Unfortunately I have no time in a real T-6 and I’m sure it’s not the easiest airplane to land but I sometimes feel like taildraggers get to much of a bad reputation. I might be wrong though.

Anyways great video to watch as usual from Steve!

_________________
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:39 pm 
Online
Senior Master Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:37 pm
Posts: 1518
Location: Bethesda, MD
Agreed! Loved the instructor's take: "You've really built this thing up. You've made it seem like an insurmountable [obstacle]... it's really not a bad airplane to fly."

_________________
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:09 pm 
Offline
A2A Chief Pilot
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:31 am
Posts: 4563
Location: East Coast United States
Piper_EEWL wrote:
LZ-WIL wrote:
Just watched it! :D Indeed awesome stuff.

And I find it interesting what he says. He goes: “..it’s been 20 years of worrying about this thing..” Which shows what reputation the T-6 has gotten over the years. Unfortunately I have no time in a real T-6 and I’m sure it’s not the easiest airplane to land but I sometimes feel like taildraggers get to much of a bad reputation. I might be wrong though.

Anyways great video to watch as usual from Steve!


You're right. Tail wheel aircraft DO have an unwarranted reputation. Flying them is simply a matter of understanding that the physics involved in handling them on the ground presents itself a bit differently than the way the physics present themselves with tricycle aircraft on the ground. Same physics mind you................just need a bit more "understanding".

And the T6 simply presents a larger and heavier aircraft to all these physics so the T6 needs just a bit "more" understanding.
:-))
Dudley Henriques


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:41 am 
Offline
Chief Master Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:14 pm
Posts: 3924
Location: Germany
DHenriquesA2A wrote:
You're right. Tail wheel aircraft DO have an unwarranted reputation. Flying them is simply a matter of understanding that the physics involved in handling them on the ground presents itself a bit differently than the way the physics present themselves with tricycle aircraft on the ground. Same physics mind you................just need a bit more "understanding".

Yes exactly. If experienced that on a smaller scale with the Piper Super Cub where people think that it is so dangerous to land on hard surfaces with a crosswind. But honestly I’m my experience if you keep current and are prepared that it’s going to try to get out from underneath you it ain’t that bad. I’m sure the T-6 is a different beast if not only due to its weight but it’s still just an airplane.

DHenriquesA2A wrote:
And the T6 simply presents a larger and heavier aircraft to all these physics so the T6 needs just a bit "more" understanding.
:-))

:lol: :lol:

_________________
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 5:17 am 
Offline
Senior Master Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:07 am
Posts: 1626
Location: Chelmsford, Essex, UK
I wonder, how many people fired up their sim and jumped in the T-6 for a few circuits after watching those videos. I know I did and it was 2am! :D

I also rewatched Scott's release video and wondered how many hours he had on the Texan. Quite a few I'd imagine.

_________________
------------------------------------
Image
------------------------------------
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group