P51H

Lower weight plus greater power = higher performance
new reply
robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

P51H

Post by robert41 »

Great aircraft. Detail is impressive, very sharp. Sounds are very well done. Flight model is good.
Only a couple of quirks I have found.
When on the ground, idling, outside view on the right side, the engine sound is a cruising sound. My system?
The other is the AP heading knob (compass) is reversed with the mouse center wheel.
Definitely not a show stopper.

Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Re: P51H

Post by Bomber_12th »

Just a few things I'd like to see fixed:

- The sound item, as you mention Robert (which I've read a few others mentions as well) where at idle-power there is a non-correct/high RPM sound file being called for the right-side sound cone from the prop.
- The stars & bars, buzz codes, and recognition lights being on the wrong side of the bottom of the wings (the stars & bars themselves could be drawn more accurately to original specifications).
- Un-mirror the drop tank slung under the right wing, which shouldn't be a mirror of the one on the left, but identically orientated.
- Add the Aeroproducts logos and stencils to the propeller blades (as already factored-in with the prop blur).
- When lightly/averagely loaded, the tailwheel hovers off the ground.
Last edited by Bomber_12th on 11 Sep 2015, 21:13, edited 1 time in total.
John Terrell

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

John,

Thanks for those items. BTW, on #1 I am completely stumped (which is not a common thing around here). If anyone has any idea why this anomaly exists, I am all ears. I'll keep trying new ideas in the meantime.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Dave_B
Airman

Post by Dave_B »

I don't have John's eye for detail on the Mustang (who does!!) but I have the sound problem and also, the floating rear wheel at light loads :wink:

ATB
DaveB :)

monica6211
Staff Sergeant

Post by monica6211 »

The sound issue is from an error in the sound.cfg file. Under the section [COMBUSTION.1.09] the filename should say filename = xwop_p51_rpm1_front
instead of filename = xwop_p51_rpm4. I made this change, and everything sounds fine now.
Well, Back to Flying,
Monica

ImageImageImageImageImage

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by robert41 »

Thanks Monica. Working fine for me also.

new reply

Return to “P-51H "High Performance Mustang"”