A2A Comanche and FFB Yoke

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
aignatenko
Airman Basic

A2A Comanche and FFB Yoke

Post by aignatenko »

Hi!

I'm using a force-feedback yoke with Comanche in P3D 4.3.

It sends yoke movement axis values via AXIS_ELEVATOR_SET / AXIS_AILERONS_SET (I can program other ways too, like by FSUIPC, etc.)
Since all the forces (including trim, etc) and managed by the hardware, I'm interested in setting as linear response to yoke movement as possible, no any special processing for input axis should be done expect normal reaction for yoke position.

What I did:
* removed all calibrations in FSUIPC and disabled joystick hardware in the sim options.
* set "Simulated elevator force" in Shift+F3 dialog to 0.

Questions:

* Anything else do to? Maybe some .ini tweaking? Or I should be fine with these settings above?
* What is the preferred way of receiving elevator/aileron position for the Accu-Sim engine? E.g. I noticed that FSUIPC offsets x0BB2 (Elevator control input) and x0BB6 (Aileron control input) simply don't work with A2A: virtual yoke doesn't move (but default aircrafts respond to these values)

Thanks.
--
Alexey

Sunjunkiesi
Airman

Re: A2A Comanche and FFB Yoke

Post by Sunjunkiesi »

You will not regret buying FSForce if you are using a FFB device. Trimming becomes so realistic using FSForce. I use FSUIPC and kept adjusting the curves until I got the balance I was looking for.

aignatenko
Airman Basic

Re: A2A Comanche and FFB Yoke

Post by aignatenko »

Sunjunkiesi wrote:You will not regret buying FSForce if you are using a FFB device. Trimming becomes so realistic using FSForce. I use FSUIPC and kept adjusting the curves until I got the balance I was looking for.
Thanks for suggestions, but looks like I don't need it, because my yoke software handles all the forces internally based on airplane orientation/airspeed, etc..
--
Alexey

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”