The engine does not start

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Alex56
Airman First Class

The engine does not start

Post by Alex56 »

Hello. I have a Comanche 250 Professional for P3Dv3. There is a malfunction: the engine does not start. Shift+7: ...like new, battery - on, ignition - both. I press the button to start the engine, the button is pressed, but the propeller does not rotate. I changed the battery, but without result. I flew the day before yesterday and everything was OK. I reinstalled my Comanche250, reinstalled P3Dv3, but the propeller does not rotate. Please, help me. Thanks.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: The engine does not start

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Sounds like the fuse for the starter popped. You might want to check that. If the propeller isn’t turning at all after pushing the starter button that’s likely it.

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Alex56
Airman First Class

Post by Alex56 »

Piper_EEWL wrote:Sounds like the fuse for the starter popped. You might want to check that. If the propeller isn’t turning at all after pushing the starter button that’s likely it.

Happy flying
Many thanks! It is so indeed! I forgot to check the fuse! Now everything is OK. But I do not understand why after the reinstallation of my Comanche the fuse has not recovered? When reinstalling, I purchased, it is assumed, a new serviceable aircraft. Explain, please, if you have time for this. Thanks again!

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Ok glad it is sorted out.

Reinstalling the aircraft will not delete the files that safe the state of the aircraft. Those files are saved at a different location in your documents folder of windows. In order to reset the aircraft you need to go and delete the .dat files rather than reinstalling. Or you go and hit “complete overhaul” in the maintenance hangar. I’m not sure that’ll reset the fuse though.

Just remember to include checking the fuses into your preflight checks.

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Alex56
Airman First Class

Post by Alex56 »

Many thanks!

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

You’re welcome. I’m glad I could help.

Happy flying

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”