C182 Skylane P3DV4.2

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

C182 Skylane P3DV4.2

Post by MACHAVIA »

Hello,

Can any one help me resolve the fact that I have no effective nose wheel steering on the above or my other A2A A/C (Cherokee & Comanche), all my default A/C and other aircraft nose steering is normal.
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan
P3Dv4.5 / Win 10 64 BIT Intel (R) Core TMi7-8700K [email protected] nvidia geforce GTX1070Ti RAM16GB

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: C182 Skylane P3DV4.2

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Charlie,

Please can you confirm if you've tried what Lewis and I suggested in your earlier thread? (Checking the input configurator for conflicting assignment for your joystick twist handle axis.)

Thanks,
Nick

MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

Post by MACHAVIA »

Hi Nick,

I checked the ref Input configuerator/s and on the top section menu where there are Elevator Trim, Rudder Trim and so on through to cockpit heat( 7 items) showing across the menu box (Left to Right) Function - Controller shows 1:T.Flight Hotas X Axis ID (ALL Show Disabled) Invert(not ticked) then last Preview (no data shown in cell)

The next Menu Function then Shortcut then going vertical starting Disable Shortcuts through to Generator Off ( 26 Functions in all ) no Shortcut is selected.

Not Sure if this is how it should be /look

Thanks
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan
P3Dv4.5 / Win 10 64 BIT Intel (R) Core TMi7-8700K [email protected] nvidia geforce GTX1070Ti RAM16GB

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Charlie - sounds like the Input Configurator isn't the culprit in that case.

Please can you describe in a bit more detail what you mean by "no effective nose wheel steering"? Does the nose wheel deflect when you use rudder input? Does the aircraft turn at all? How about if you use some differential brake input too?

Thanks,
Nick

MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

Post by MACHAVIA »

Hi Nick,
There is some very minimal steering input when useing the rudder (twist) on joy stick, rudder movement normal in flight, as an example whilst no problem when lined up on centre line of runway I cannot make taxi turn offs without stoping and doing push back actons it takes forever, same for taxi from a apron stand impossible to take run way entry points, all my other add on A/C F1 /Carenardo plus P3D V4.2 Default A/C have normal nose wheel steering capabilities.

I tried programming diff braking but that is not effective just stops the fwd movement, the sterring on these A/C (A2A Cessna 182 /Commanche/Cherokee) was absolutely fine a few months back it has occured it appers since I installed P3DV4.3 which I sunsequently deleted due to terrible compatability issues with my add on scenery )Orbx & Active Sky and Rex Skyforce & the fact that in P3DV4.3 I could not select any A/C other than default or any airport location other than the default airport.

Beats me nick, I tempted to delete all A2A A/C and reinstall?? Problem is I dont knoe how or where or what files to uninstall??

Thanks
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Differential braking is required with the 172 and 182 IRL to make tighter turns. I would recommend working out a configuration that allows you to use differential braking. It will require light braking on the inside of the turn to get the nosewheel to turn tighter. Going slowly also helps to keep the turns tight.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Charlie,

One thing I'd just like to check is that you haven't accidentally used one of the old A2A installers for one (or more) of your aircraft? I know we checked in the earlier thread that you were using the new installers, but if somehow you ended up running one of the old ones at some point, that could certainly explain your issue.

Otherwise, it may be that there's a problem with your installation of P3D v4.2 itself. Did you perform a clean install when moving back from P3D v4.3?

As Oracle says, differential braking is required to make tight turns in the A2A Cessnas but this shouldn't generally be necessary in the PA-24 and PA-28. At any rate, it's not necessary to 'program' differential braking if you're using a twist handle rudder axis rather than rudder pedals. Applying rudder and brake input simultaneously should apply differential braking in the appropriate direction.

Thanks,
Nick

MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

Post by MACHAVIA »

Hi Nick,

Yes did a clean install from P3D4.3 back to 4.2, please can you tell me how I can determine if I used the correct installers when putting back the A2A Fleet
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

The new installers all look a bit like this Charlie.

When installed using the new installers each product will show the version number, the publisher as "A2A Simulatiuons Inc." and the A2A logo in the "uninstall or change a program" window. The old installers don't include this information.

Thanks,
Nick

MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

Post by MACHAVIA »

Hi Nick,

Do I need to check the ATA web site to see if this installer comes up, I am almost certain these are the installers used, interesting thing is each A/C has my GTN 750 INSTALLED in the VC Instrument panel and all function brilliantly both in the VC or as the pop up, How can I find the installer I used without going to the web site and reinstalling?

thanks
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Charlie,

Just take a look at the list of installed programs in Windows. If any of the entries for the A2A aircraft for P3Dv4 have a blank field for the publisher and version (or if an aircraft you installed is missing completely), it indicates you used one of the old installers.

If they all show version numbers (currently 18.4.22) then you've used the new ones. :)

Thanks,
Nick

MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

Post by MACHAVIA »

Hi Nick,

I just took some snap shots which I have attached can you view /advise Nick is possible to talk on the phone to you direct?

Thanks
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

There's some info on attaching images to your post here Charlie. I'm happy to give you a ring at some point if we can't sort this on the forums, but I'm afraid it might not be for a couple of days. (I'm working at sea this week. :) )

Thanks,
Nick

MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

Post by MACHAVIA »

Hi Nick,

Sorry to trouble you when you are working, I am afraid I am not knowledgeable or confident enough to take this further at the moment I really need some direct coaching by phone, I reckon all I can do is perhaps speak direct when you are able and it's convenient, the truth is Nick I am not familiar enough with the subject at all.

Thanks Nick for your assistance
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Charlie,

No problem - I'll drop you a private message when I'm able. :)

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”