In-flight map

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
tankster
Airman Basic

In-flight map

Post by tankster »

Did an un-install. deleted all the folders as the instructions say. Fresh download. When the inflight map is selected all the airports show up till you zoom out too far. I even went through the registry. Re-booted twice. when I reinstalled the Comanche the settings for the input configurator were still there. I deleted everything I could find. The map is still messed up. After one attempt to upload a picture my quota is reached???? Do I have to start with empty harddrives to get it to work right. I have tried more times then I can count to get it to work. It did once.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: In-flight map

Post by Paughco »

The Shift+5 map is messed up most of the time when I load my T-6 in P3Dv4. I hit [Alt] to get the menu bar, then select the same aircraft over again, and then when the aircraft reloads the map, and all the other Shift+x panels, work.

Seeya
ATB

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can we have a little further information. For example which platform you are using, how is the map messed up and how are you loading the flight?

For image posting please see here;
https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 23&t=50279

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

tankster
Airman Basic

Post by tankster »

I have an I7 6700k in an Asus Z-170 AR motherboard with 16 GB ram. Video is a GTX 980ti driving 2 2560*1440 gaming monitors. MB is overclocked to almost 4.7 GHz. Running Win 7 Ultimate. Running P3D V4.2. I usually load a saved flight but after the complete re-install it was from the pick aircraft screen and it did it then too. I own the C182, Comanche and Spitfire. It does it for all 3. It works fine till you go out to about 60 miles the all airport symbols disappear. Except around Florida. All drivers are up to date. Also the radio panel pops up without any input from me. Paughco, I will give that a try.

tankster
Airman Basic

Post by tankster »

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

though not sure about Florida the airports don't show up if you zoom far out, that is correct if that's what you are reporting?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

tankster
Airman Basic

Post by tankster »

It used to look like Florida everywhere when I zoomed out. I was flying in Florida when whatever I did happened. I can zoom out to 50-60 miles when the airport symbols disappear, except in Florida. I know it is useless zoomed out that far but I wanted to show what was happened. While not realistic I zoom out a little further then 60 miles to pick the airport I want to go to and to check my progress. Still need to learn to navigate the proper way. It happened after I got V4 I think. Though not at first. I deleted everything I could find to start from scratch, even going through the registry. My hours were still there and this problem. Also the input configurator settings were intact. Not sure why as I thought I deleted everything. I bought F1GTN GPS software to get around this but I would like to figure out what is goin on and fix it possible. Going to V4.3 tonight. Maybe it will fix it but I doubt it. Thanks for the help.

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

We didn't create this map, we just took it out from FSX/P3D and use it.
I took a look at this problem and it seems to be something deeper to fix it easily. This map has many limitations but I think it can still be pretty useful.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

tankster
Airman Basic

Post by tankster »

Then it is a P3D issue. I was not sure where the map information comes from. It is still useful and it really takes nothing away from flying. It is annoying though. Thank you.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”