Plane not on ground and fuel pressure issue

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
dsmbell
Airman Basic

Plane not on ground and fuel pressure issue

Post by dsmbell »

Hi,

I have the A250 Comanche in P3d v4.2 and have two problems. ( I am running P3d on a good spec machine with a 1080ti gpu, i7 7700k cpu, windows 10.

Firstly, the plane doesn't sit on the ground, it sits a few inches above it. I have re-installed the plane and also run the update recommended from other forum posts. Not sure what other info is needed. Despite the appearance of siting off the ground it does taxi ok.

Secondly, no mater what I seem to do I can't get the fuel pressure to go above zero unless I have used the autostart, I have followed the checklists, done a complete overhaul and still get the same problem.

Would be grateful for some help. Thanks.

Sunjunkiesi
Airman

Re: Plane not on ground and fuel pressure issue

Post by Sunjunkiesi »

Just to double check, are you switching the fuel supply on?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums.

For the plane on the ground this can be dependant on your sim settings in the sim, mesh tends to be the key here.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi dsmbell,

If you mean you're not seeing any fuel pressure indication when running the auxiliary fuel pump, it may be worth checking the circuit breaker. Also, as Sunjunkiesi mentions, please verify that at least one of the fuel selectors between the front seats is selected to a tank which contains fuel.

As regards the aircraft sitting just above the ground, is this with a default airport or add-on scenery?

Thanks,
Nick

dsmbell
Airman Basic

Post by dsmbell »

Hi, Thanks very much for the replies they have helped me narrow down the issue.

I tried reducing the terrain mesh (I usually have at 1m) but this didn't make the plane sit on the ground. I had been using the plane at an addon airport - Orbx Redding KRDD. As soon as I tried somewhere else including other Orbx airports, it is fine so something odd about KRDD I need to look at further or raise on Orbx forum.

Solving this issue has also solved the fuel pressure issue, it won;t give me any pressure at KRDD but is fine everywhere else. Can only assume it is something to do with the plane sitting a few inches off the ground.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome dsmbell and I have exactly the same issue at Orbx KRDD and the nearby Benton Field.

Odd that this affects fuel pressure though. One thing to bear in mind is that loading a default aircraft first and then switching to a complex add-on such as the Comanche can help avoid initialisation errors, particularly at complex add-on airports.

Thanks,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Just to grab on to Nicks reply, I'd be in the same place on the same page too. It sounds like a flight load issue. So making sure that its a new flight from the menu and that you are not using a complex sim as the default flight etc will all help you avoid issues on the load.

General good practice for happy simming is to keep default flight as default as possible + always load default aircraft first for the first load of a session.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”