Comanche no engine sound in cockpit view

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
macmey
Airman Basic

Comanche no engine sound in cockpit view

Post by macmey »

I have installed my newly bought A2A Piper Comanche. After the install no Comanche showed up in Prepar3d v4. Therefore I copied the Comanche file where the C172 Trainer file is installed and then the Comanche appeared in Prepar3d. So therefore something is wrong with the installer. I could start the engine and fly the plane. Everything worked normally. Only one thing does not work and that is the sound of the engine when in virtual cockpit. In all the other views the engine sound is heard and everything works fine. When I change the plane to the C172 Trainer everything works okay. Also the engine sound in the cockpit. I uninstalled the Comanche and installed again with no success. The sound in the Shift-3 is on 100%.
I am not very familiar with Prepar3d yet, but I have checked all the sound possibilities with it and also in Windows 10 with no success. Since the sounds work fine with all the other planes, I think there must be a certain file for the Comanche sound missing. In the forum I could not find anything concerning my problem. The Comanche is installed in Prepar3d\SimObjects\A2A\Piper_PA24_250_Comanche.

Problem solved. New install of Prepar3d v4 and the planes. Now everything works fine. Thanks to A2A for the support.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Comanche no engine sound in cockpit view

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi macmey,

Glad to hear you managed to resolve your problem. From your comment...
macmey wrote:The Comanche is installed in Prepar3d\SimObjects\A2A\Piper_PA24_250_Comanche.
...It sounds like the installation directory you chose was the problem. For Prepar3D we use Lockheed Martin's recommended method of installation outside of the Prepar3D directory.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”