DME HLD Morse code problem

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
T-Rrexx
Airman Basic

DME HLD Morse code problem

Post by T-Rrexx »

Hello to all. I've Accu-Sim Comanche 250 and use FSX.
When I use NAV1 with VOR/DME, Morse code is valid in both NAV1 and MKR/DME modes. But when I use DME HLD function (which is different freq's for VOR and DME), NAV1 Morse code still correct, but when I listen MKR/DME Morse code it's not the code of DME HLD freq, but VOR1 freq. I think it's wrong behavior.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: DME HLD Morse code problem

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello T-Rrexx - welcome to the forums and apologies for the rather slow response to your post.

If my understanding of the DME HLD function is correct, yes the morse ident should reflect the navaid being 'held' by the DME transceiver rather than any different one that's subsequently tuned into the NAV 1 radio.

From past discussions, I have a feeling that the behaviour you've observed may be a limitation of the sim platform and its SDK not allowing full programming of custom DME functionality. However, I'll let the developer team know just in case this can be addressed at some point.

Thanks,
Nick

T-Rrexx
Airman Basic

Re: DME HLD Morse code problem

Post by T-Rrexx »

Hello Nick, thanks for your reply.
Maybe there are some possibilities doing it using FSUIPC? I understand that's not a major problem but in case of "polishing" the model it would be good to get it pretty close to reality in each small detail :)

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”