no passenger door handle or door latch

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Jimimac
Airman

no passenger door handle or door latch

Post by Jimimac »

hi just installed the Comanche and just looking around the cockpit but there is no passenger door handle or lock pilot side the handle is visible and works using p3dv4

thanks,jim

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: no passenger door handle or door latch

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Do you mean on the pilot’s side? There is no door in the Comanche on the pilot’s side. In fact none of the Pipers have doors on two sides. The Cherokee doesn’t either.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Jimimac
Airman

Post by Jimimac »

oh my mistake yes I meant the pilot side, do you know why this is, could ear hinder getting out of the plane quickly in the event of a emergency.

thanks,jim

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Probably easier to build just one entrance, plus you get a stronger overall structure with less weight. You take something away, you get an opportunity to get something in return :) compromise is the name of the game when building anything really.
Last edited by Caldemeyn on 21 Apr 2018, 10:58, edited 2 times in total.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Yes I’d agree. Easier to build and thus cheaper to build. And also the reinforcements necessary to create a solid structure would probably add some weight to the airframe. Most low wing singles only have one door. I think Mooney has recently moved to two doors in their Ovation if I’m not mistaken.

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”