Missing GPS

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Archive88
Airman First Class

Missing GPS

Post by Archive88 »

Have been using with pleasure the Comanche 250, but Microsoft messed up my machine recently and I've had to reload a bunch of stuff. Now I no longer have a GPS unit for the 250 and none appears in the Instrument drop down list. I remember having to load the GPS initially for the aircraft but no longer remember how/where that takes place. Need the unit of course to fly GPS flight plans (hate to go back to VOR to VOR navigation). Any help on how to get it back? Or where it might be hiding?

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Missing GPS

Post by Oracle427 »

Try the shift-3 menu. You will find the gps selections near the center.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

As well as the shift + 3 Oracle mentions that is needed in sim, you didn't mention if its a 3rd party GPS you are using. If it is you will want to use the aircraft config under under your windows start menu > A2A Simulations.

thanks
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Archive88
Airman First Class

Post by Archive88 »

Thanks guys. Will try. I think the GPS was original with aircraft, ie, not a third party install. But has been a long time since I installed the A2A aircraft. (Look forward to the V tail Bonanza)
-=dcp=-

Archive88
Airman First Class

Post by Archive88 »

All fixed. Many thanks...but, now have lost my on-screen gauge labels...no, not as a result of taking care of the GPS, but have noticed they are gone. Not generally needed, but why and how to recover?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Don,

Check "show cockpit tooltips" is ticked is the "aircraft" tab in display settings.

Thanks,
Nick

Archive88
Airman First Class

Post by Archive88 »

Nick:
Have looked at Options/Settings/Display/Show cockpit tooltips - all checked, but no tooltips display. Huh?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hmm - have you made any other changes to your FSX settings Don? If I recall correctly, if you have the DX10 preview option selected within FSX, the tooltips aren't supported.

Thanks,
Nick

Archive88
Airman First Class

Post by Archive88 »

Nick:
Actually running with Win7 on this machine. And, yes, Preview Option is selected in Settings (not at the computer, so will need to check positively). As I recall when I deselected Prev Option, it made a mess of the Comanche model (I was advised to try that to clean up some black image errors that showed up with my Orbx scenery - did another work around, shader modification, that took care of that problem). But I will try deselecting Preview again and see what happens.

(I believe I communicated extensively with you earlier about losing the Shift series of Comanche drop down tabs: I now believe that problem was a graphics card that could not keep up (and no longer has any update potential) - had the same problem with other aircraft, so it was certainly not an A2A problem. Am planning on an upgrade for the graphics.)

Sorry, we are getting far afield from the title of this thread, which is poor forum manners. Will open a different one if advisable.

Appreciate the responses.
Archive

Archive88
Airman First Class

Post by Archive88 »

Nick:
Deleted Preview option and it worked. And there was no distortion of aircraft image this time. Huh.
In any case, problem solved.
Thanks,
Archive

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, that's good news Archive - thanks for the update.

Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”