4.2 Sound Issues

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
SierraKiloGulf
Airman

4.2 Sound Issues

Post by SierraKiloGulf »

Hi there guys, recently upgraded to 4.2 by doing a fresh install on a fresh w10 install. Can't seem to get any cockpit sounds in any A2A aircraft
It will not play any sounds in the cockpit, including engine, switches, ect.

I have:
Set my default sound device to my speakers
Set my Steam VR default sound device to the same speakers
Ensure sound is enable
Ensure sound is at 100 in the Shift + 3 Window
Installed OpenAL
Installed all SimConnects in redist folder
Installed the latest Accu-Sim update

Every other aircraft is working except anything made by A2A, including my 172/182, 180, T6. Someone please halp!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: 4.2 Sound Issues

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

have you installed simconnect and then restarted your system?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

SierraKiloGulf
Airman

Post by SierraKiloGulf »

Come on Lewis. I don't think I would be posting in here if that had worked on the 100+ restarts and 3 fresh installs I've gone through trying to get this beautiful aircraft to work man. Clearly has been an issue with P3D 4.x communicating with AccuSim in some systems because I'm not alone with these issues after a quick look around the forums...
I had the same issue with 4.1 which I ignored and had to downgrade to 4.0 in order for it to work (wasn't a big deal, but now I don't even have access to that installer from the Lockheed site and I deleted it from my HDD to save space)

Please refer to the OP. SimConnect is installed (I did not mention a restart, but that should be obvious when doing fresh installs)

Any advice not mentioned in my OP would be a great help, as I have tried everything I can think of, and everything suggested in these forums that the search function has provided me with. Not trying to be rude, but a response like "did you try restarting the PC?" is pretty discouraging for Tech Support, especially when that was the first thing I did after installing SimConnect, and have done so another 99+ times since. I have tried every version in the redist folder, along with the one suggested by FSEconomy for P3Dv4.x use with no sound in the VC in only my A2A aircraft. Its pretty frustrating as I just want to fly my beautiful 250 during the evenings but I've spent 3 full days just reinstalling my OS and P3D over and over again like an insane person instead lol.

System Specs:
32GB RAM
W10

Willing to try anything, as A2A aircraft are literally the only planes I fly in P3D aside from MJC and PMDG occasionally.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

sorry for your issues, but we do suggest the first thing people do is ask for help rather than try to fix it with 100 restarts before even asking for help. Troubleshooting is a step by step process which is why the simple things are always checked and double checked first. On more than one occasions users have racked up pages of forums help only for the issue with have been something that should have been double checked on an early step of troubleshooting.

If you have no sounds it sounds like either your simconnect isn't the correct version (You mention installing all of them rather than the single one needed) or the sound device is not set correctly if all is OK in the maint hanger.

Is everything OK in the maint hanger and the aircraft otherwise works?

What is your default sound device set too, have you tried removing the VR headset from the equation and just using desktop speakers or non-headphones?

And another simple thing to check, are you using the P3D Comanche for P3Dv4 and not the FSX or a previous P3D version of the software?

thanks,
Lewis

SierraKiloGulf
Airman

Post by SierraKiloGulf »

I have reinstalled P3D nearly a dozen times now, trying each SimConnect individually with the same results, which SimConnect should I be using, because NONE of them are currently doing the trick, even when only installing one. I have done a fresh install for each and every SimConnect version located in the redist folder, so I really don't know what more I should be doing? I have tried everything logical before even posting this thread asking for help.

Again, my Speakers are set as the default device, and works as intended for every plane in every simulator I own, every application and game, ect just fine except A2A cockpits, which from simple deductions would lead me to believe this is not a Sound Device issue, but an Accu-Sim or SimConnect problem. The maintenance hanger is fine, I'm literally trying with fresh installs with ZERO hours, the plane starts fine and flies fine, but I can't hear any sounds. All the breakers are fine inside the cockpit, again, just no sound. I have gone as far as not even installing SteamVR for my Vive after a fresh OS install, so it's not the headset interfering, but when installed that is set to the same device as my default sound in Windows. I design software so I'm not stupid when it comes to these things- I have tried every logical step.

I am using the v4 installers, they worked perfectly fine in v4.0 but I have not been able to get sound ever since 4.1 came out so I reverted back to 4.0 months ago. I can no longer do so because I no longer have the zip or rar and Lockheed has removed it from their site now forcing me to use the latest version that I can not get to work with your products. Honestly I'm just about to give up, I have tried absolutely everything that I can think of, and clearly you have no other advice to help me get this sound working other than things I have already tried numerous times. A2A is the only reason why I still use P3D at all, but without working sound it really is no fun to fly which is too bad because these are beautiful aircrafts to fly in VR

If anyone happens to have the 4.0 rar, please hook me up so I can try and see if it will work like before. I've wasted over a week trying to get this to work instead of just flying other aircraft for the time being because I love A2A that much, honestly its just insanity at this point.

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

For what it's worth, I was having some weirdness with sound in vr but it seemed to clear up on its own. I had the speakers selected yet the sound would only come out of the hmd. I played with the sound device settings in p3d and then the engine sounds were coming out of my speakers but atc would come through the speakers on the hmd. I was frhstrated but said hey like having headphones in real life. Next time I started p3d, all the sound came out normally through the speakers. So long story short, try switching around your sound devices in p3d, even if they are currently set correctly, and see if that helps. Also, if you are using flyinside, try starting p3d the old fashion way and see if that has any effect.

LouP

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

OK good to hear the VR is out the equation, the Vive does the sound device thing my end too so I always have to be careful in which order I turn stuff on. Anyway Can you let us know your hardware specs, in case its a hardware issue or maybe driver issue we regards the sound playing.

thanks,
Lewis

SierraKiloGulf
Airman

Post by SierraKiloGulf »

Issue has been resolved. Not sure how but was likely a combination of things.
I decided to take a week away from it and come back with a fresh head, repaired all the SimConnect's, ensured A2A Addon was listed in the P3Dv4 addon file according the guide around here somewhere, and reinstalled for a final time and works like a charm now. Very odd how I have tried the same steps about a dozen times with no results and now it works great. Went for a 3 hour flight last night and man I sure have missed my Comanche. Had a ton of fun, carb heat was essential while flying in the Rockies last night. I have noticed a separate issue where the cockpit lighting (both white and red light are very dim while in VR making it hard to see switches late at night) but aside from that the old girl ran like a dream. Going back up for a flight now!

SierraKiloGulf
Airman

Post by SierraKiloGulf »

LouP wrote:For what it's worth, I was having some weirdness with sound in vr but it seemed to clear up on its own. I had the speakers selected yet the sound would only come out of the hmd. I played with the sound device settings in p3d and then the engine sounds were coming out of my speakers but atc would come through the speakers on the hmd. I was frhstrated but said hey like having headphones in real life. Next time I started p3d, all the sound came out normally through the speakers. So long story short, try switching around your sound devices in p3d, even if they are currently set correctly, and see if that helps. Also, if you are using flyinside, try starting p3d the old fashion way and see if that has any effect.

LouP

I have noticed this issue when using FlyInside as well, and still can't get ATC to play through my HMD, but it's good enough as is now so I can at least enjoy some flights around the West Coast. Cheers, thanks!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear, though wish we could have figured out exactly what was happening on your particular system. I'll bet it was something simple.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”