Comanche 250 Yoke hide problem in P#Dv4

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
SIMFAN
Airman

Comanche 250 Yoke hide problem in P#Dv4

Post by SIMFAN »

Hi.
I am unable to hide the yoke on this aircraft in P3D v4.1.
I have no trouble with either the C172 or Piper 180, just the Comanche and all A/C, even the Comanche work OK in P3DV3
I have tried both the Shift 3 approach and the click spot, but in both cases the yoke hides but then immediately reappears.
I have uninstalled the 250 completely, then downloaded and reinstalled the latest P3Dv4 version Comanche, but to no avail.
I have searched the forums looking for advice, but don't find anything relevant.
I find it strange that the other A/C perform correctly, which seems to indicate that the problem is specifically related to the P3Dv4 Comanche file rather than other software or settings.
Anyway I would be most grateful if someone could assist me with a solution, as I find it much preferable to fly with the yoke hidden when possible.
Bill

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Comanche 250 Yoke hide problem in P#Dv4

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I dont have P3DV3 or4 and haveing trackIR5 means i dont have to hide the yoke , but that aside , did you run the A2A latest update in the forums .
Also check for any conflicts of settings , incase when you select hide , something else in settings might be makeing the yoke reappear.
regards alan. 8)

SIMFAN
Airman

Post by SIMFAN »

Thanks Alan.
Yes I had run the update, but no change.
I can't see if there are conflicts, but I don't see anything else happening when I try to hide the yoke. Strange that all is OK in P3DV3 but not in PD3v4.
Any other thoughts would be most welcome.
Bill

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I did some checks on my FSX+A and found the following.
1/. as previously stated if bungee control lock engaged you cannot hide yokes
2/. shift+3 left click on either yoke hides/shows yoke
3/. left click at either column base hides/shows yoke
4/. mouse wheel rotation on base of yoke shows/hides yoke
Are you absolutly sure you have not got anything else mapped to the mouse wheel or left click button that could be interfering with show/hide yoke.
other than this it might be a faulty instal of the 250 , make sure any anti virus is set to ignor anything flight sim related , incase this is stopping a correct instal , only other thing i can think of is run as admin if not already doing so.
regards alan. 8)

SIMFAN
Airman

Post by SIMFAN »

I have made a further observation that seems relevant to the problem.
The inner marker light on the Narco MBT-12 continually pulses, even with the A/C in cold and dark mode.
I can see that when I hide the yoke, it reappears on the next pulse of the marker light.
This light persists regardless of re-installation of the A/C and I see no way to stop this.
This does seem to indicate a fault in the install file, but despite downloading a fresh copy the problem persists.
The P3Dv3 file in this new download installs OK without the marker light pulsing, but not so with the P3Dv4 file.
I can only download fresh copies from my original supplier, which just perpetuates the fault.
Does anyone know the cause of this marker light problem and why it affects the yoke hide operation?
Bill

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Bill.
This sounds like an improper instal due to interferance from an antivirus program , i use avast free antivirus and have everything flightsim related set to ignor and had no install issues , but other antivirus programs are sosensative that they see installers as a virus and interfere with instal , and corrupt it..
Try uninstalling completely make sure no files of the 250 are left behind , turn off your antivirus , and reinstal and update the 250 , and see if that fixes it.
Norton antivirus is a particular probem regarding instals even when set to ignore ,also make sure when you instal the 250 that it is done as admin , and run it as admin .
regards alan. 8)

SIMFAN
Airman

Post by SIMFAN »

Thanks Alan.
OK I have now done all that and still the same result!
Most frustrating. Why, I wonder does the P3Dv3 not have this issue, nor any of my other P3Dv4 A2A A/C?
I had begun to suspect the download installer file for the P3Dv4 Comanche from my purchase store, but then others should have had the problem also if that was the case, or are they just not fussed about it?
Could there be any residual setting after uninstalling the Comanche, that continues to affect re-installs of just the Comanche?
I was hoping that the connection between the pulsing marker light (which shouldn't be pulsing) and the corresponding yoke re-appearance might have pointed to the location of the culprit.
Bill

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Bill,

Do you have any other add-on software installed in P3Dv4 (such as FSUIPC5) which may be related to the issue?
SIMFAN wrote:Could there be any residual setting after uninstalling the Comanche, that continues to affect re-installs of just the Comanche?
The "Documents\A2A\FSX\Comanche250" folder contains *log.dat files which are persistent between installs and record the 'state' of the aircraft (even for P3D users). You could try deleting the contents of this folder, but I recommend you back it up first, as deleting these files will cause you to loose accumulated engine hours and so on.

Thanks,
Nick

SIMFAN
Airman

Post by SIMFAN »

Hi Nick.
Thanks for taking the trouble to respond.
Tried you suggestion, but unfortunately no joy.
Yes, I do have FSUIPC5 installed and as far as I can recall this is when I encountered the problem, but again, only with the Comanche.
I can't see any Comanche specific settings there that would introduce the pulsing marker light(actually the FMZ light), which incidentally pulses at exactly 1 sec. intervals.
Perhaps I just need to live with this annoyance, since everything else works just fine.
Bill

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

SIMFAN wrote:Yes, I do have FSUIPC5 installed and as far as I can recall this is when I encountered the problem, but again, only with the Comanche.
Hi Bill,

There are one-or-two FSUIPC settings which can cause issues with A2A products. For example, please make sure that the "extend battery life" option on the "miscellaneous" tab is not ticked. For troubleshooting, I recommend that you temporarily disable FSUIPC by moving the "FSUIPC5.DLL" into a different folder. If this resolves the issue, at least we know where to start looking for conflicts.

Thanks,
Nick

SIMFAN
Airman

Post by SIMFAN »

Hi Nick.
I noticed that REX Advantage WX Radar installs A file MV_WXM.dll in the modules folder, so I removed that and the yoke problem, pulsing marker etc. disappeared.
OK, but now no WX radar of course.
This file was actually causing flicking of fuel gauge needles and other items such as the GPS in-op switch in the 180. It seems like a random thing.
I need to do further testing and will get back to you in due course, but meanwhile it is worth noting that this file only seems to affect A2A A/C.
Bill

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the update Bill - looks like you've found the culprit. I don't have any experience of the REX weather engine I'm afraid, but maybe if you drop their tech support guys a line, they'll be able to help.

Cheers,
Nick

SIMFAN
Airman

Post by SIMFAN »

Thanks again for your most helpful advice; I will let you know if I learn of anything further that might be of interest.
Bill

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”