landing switch position not saved

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Romeo_Tango
Senior Airman

landing switch position not saved

Post by Romeo_Tango »

I have uninstalled FSX and now use PP3d 4.1.
I fly A2A products exclusively. I have observed that the Comanche gear switch position is not being saved. I may be wrong but I don't remember this being like that in FSX.

It's not a big deal but I would like to fix it if possible.

Here is the situation: When I end a flight I leave the gear switch in the DOWN position. When I go to fly the Comanche again the gear switch is in the off,(centre), position. The annoying thing about is, as part of the before takeoff check I have to place the switch in the down position, but by doing this when I rotate during takeoff, I can hear the gear motor run for a second or two.

Any help would be appreciated.

Robin.
ImageImage ImageImageImage[/url]Image

chadryan
Senior Airman

Re: landing switch position not saved

Post by chadryan »

This has always been my experience with the Comanche as well. I don’t think the state of that switch saves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: landing switch position not saved

Post by Nick - A2A »

This does make quite good sense when you think about the way in which the landing gear position is controlled by FSX/P3D.

If we happen to end a flight and exit the sim with the aircraft in the air and the landing gear retracted, the host sim is 'smart' enough to place the gear in the down position if the aircraft is loaded on the ground next time. I'd guess that loading the Comanche with its gear selector in the neutral position is a simple and reliable way to ensure that the A2A persistent behaviour doesn't conflict with the host sim logic.

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”