REX Skyforce and Comanche not showing correct OAT

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

REX Skyforce and Comanche not showing correct OAT

Post by Roadburner426 »

Problem is as described in the title. I am running P3Dv4.1, have the P3Dv4 of the Comanche 250 (with Nick's beacon light fix), and the Flight1 GTN 750 version 2.04 being the only things I have added to the plane. So I boot up P3Dv4, load in with the Comanche, load in REX Skyforce3D which before would not inject the correct weather. However I think now they have fixed it as ATIS at my airport (KPHF) is reporting the correct weather conditions for the METAR. However over the last few days of me giving REX feedback and all the OAT gauge on the Comanche has been stuck at 59F (15C). So today I loaded in, went through preflight, got my ATIS weather, then just went to bounce it off the OAT gauge in the left window and it is still stuck at 59F(15C). I pulled up the Shift+2 windows to see if it showed anything different, but it shows the same. Called ATIS again and it says the conditions are 8C. As an experiment I also tried the 182, and the digital gauge in that also shows 59F(15C) with the same weather conditions. Reloaded the sim multiple times directly loading the aircraft in and the weather to the same result. I never had issues with REX Essentials and all the A2A planes on FSX so I imagine this is just new software having hiccups. I know you guys will get it fixed though. I did try searching the forum but didn't see anyone else with the same problem. Also if you need me to test a file, or want anymore feedback since maybe I am the only one on here with Skyforce I will be more than happy to do so. Thanks in advance!
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Re: REX Skyforce and Comanche not showing correct OAT

Post by Roadburner426 »

So I have messed around with it so more and I am leaning toward it is either a REX Skyforce3D issue or a Prepar3dv4.1 issue. I am leaning more toward Prepar3d because it does it even with the stock weather scenarios. Also all aircraft show the same temp on their OAT sensors of 59F(15C) at KPHF. It is almost like there is no adjustment for temp in the sim? I went to use defined weather and seen where I can change cloud layers, wind direction, and all of that type of stuff. However there is no setting to set a user defined temperature.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

And now after trying all day it appears that restarting my PC and all programs a bunch of times throughout the day has resolved the issue as the Comanche is now showing -1C(30F) to match the outside temperature. So not sure what was broken, or what fixed it but it appears fixed for anyone that is using Skyforce. Just figured I would let everyone know. Hopefully it is still working when I go to do my flight tomorrow now. :lol:
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Make sure you are all updated, I know the weather program you mention had an update or two since release.

I'm using AS16 here and all working great.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

Thanks Lewis. Yeah I applied hotfix one already. I opened a support ticket with them. Playing around with the Comanche yesterday I came across an interesting coincidence. Where whenever I closed Skyforce after the weather injection the OAT would magically match the METAR a few seconds later. :lol: So I kind of went hmmm.. So naturally I attempted to repeat it and sure enough again it did the same thing. I never really noticed it before in P3D just because before having Skyforce I never messed with the weather in P3D, and it of course has always worked for me with the birds in FSX (don't use Skyforce for FSX). So now that I have weather, and my GTN complete series in P3D I am finally flying that a lot more so now all the little things are starting to creep up on me. Comanche and the others I have are performing 100% in P3D now with no issue after Nick pointing me to the external light file fixes. So should be no more support threads from me for the time being. 8)
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”