Nav Radio - GTN650

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Wiganlad
Airman

Nav Radio - GTN650

Post by Wiganlad »

After a reinstall of prepar3D v 4.1 I have installed the Piper Comanche 250 and opted for the GTN 650. Done a few flights and all going fine except for a small issue that I have not found a way to change the Com to the Nav radio on the display of the GTN650. (have clicked on the small button bot left as indicated in the Garmin manual )
Have tried the Shift 3 pop up and clicked No GPS, switching the nav radio on off and clicking switch freq. appears to change but when going back to the GPS it reverts back to the com display.

using w7 and the latest ver of the GTN ( 750 - 650 complete ) from flight1

many thanks...bob

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Nav Radio - GTN650

Post by Nick - A2A »

Wiganlad wrote: (have clicked on the small button bot left as indicated in the Garmin manual )
Bottom right do you mean Bob? Pushing (rather than rotating) this knob is the way to toggle between COM and NAV functions.

Cheers,
Nick

Wiganlad
Airman

Post by Wiganlad »

Nick M wrote:
Wiganlad wrote: (have clicked on the small button bot left as indicated in the Garmin manual )
Bottom right do you mean Bob? Pushing (rather than rotating) this knob is the way to toggle between COM and NAV functions.

Cheers,
Nick
sorry, bottom right, had another go, still no joy. tried clicking and pushing with left click and clicking with middle mouse button/wheel. (and pushing)
if I go to 'no gps' turn off nav radio, turn back on, change frequency, then click gtn650 it changes to nav radio on display but soon swaps back. but with this I can tune a vor.
bob

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Bob - might be worth raining this issue on the Flight1 support forums unless anyone else here has a suggestion. I don't have the F1 version of the GTN and can't recall this issue being raised before.

Cheers,
Nick

Wiganlad
Airman

Post by Wiganlad »

Nick M wrote:Okay, thanks Bob - might be worth raining this issue on the Flight1 support forums unless anyone else here has a suggestion. I don't have the F1 version of the GTN and can't recall this issue being raised before.

Cheers,
Nick
Ok will do that, thanks for getting back.
bob

Wiganlad
Airman

Post by Wiganlad »

Nick M wrote:Okay, thanks Bob - might be worth raining this issue on the Flight1 support forums unless anyone else here has a suggestion. I don't have the F1 version of the GTN and can't recall this issue being raised before.

Cheers,
Nick
Hi Nick, just an update and feed back, I did post on the Flight1 forum, and the answer to my query was that there is a click spot to the left of the bot right knob. yes this works but only in the 2d pop-up, ( not in vc )and after a few seconds it reverts back from NAV to the COM display.( I'm sure it's not supposed to do this)
When left clicking to the left of the knob it should change to a blue colour, ( that's the outer smaller one), I found this to be a bit hit and miss as sometimes it didn't change colour.
I did install the Miviz 301R to check and it appears to work ok.
bob
Last edited by Wiganlad on 21 Nov 2017, 07:59, edited 1 time in total.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the info Bob, it might be helpful for others.

Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”