Issues with the GTN750 and P3DV4.1

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
gonzman
Airman First Class

Issues with the GTN750 and P3DV4.1

Post by gonzman »

Hi guys.

I've updated my A2A Comanche with the latest update, and have updated the Flight1 GTN using its update tool, but since then the Comanche autopilot doesn't "connect" to the GPS anymore, so following a route manually if I engage Autopilot HI or LOW mode the aircraft just drifts off.

Not sure what I've missed here, the GPS works perfectly except this possible "break" in linkage?

Any ideas would be appreciated!

bl9516
Airman Basic

Re: Issues with the GTN750 and P3DV4.1

Post by bl9516 »

Make sure you have GPS selected, rather than VLOC. You change this by clicking on the CDI button in the Map screen.

mikjet
Airman Basic

Post by mikjet »

Ahh, I see I am not the only one. quick update: found this thread at Flight1 forum:

"Please do this:
To all still having problems-

Can you please redownload and reinstall version 2.04?
And make sure to delete this file:
C:\ProgramData\Flight One Software\F1GPSGeneral.dat

This should fix all problems."

DMdoc
Airman

Post by DMdoc »

gonzman wrote:Hi guys.

I've updated my A2A Comanche with the latest update, and have updated the Flight1 GTN using its update tool, but since then the Comanche autopilot doesn't "connect" to the GPS anymore, so following a route manually if I engage Autopilot HI or LOW mode the aircraft just drifts off.

Not sure what I've missed here, the GPS works perfectly except this possible "break" in linkage?

Any ideas would be appreciated!
I've been having the same problem -- My F1 GTN750 won't link to the Comanche's AP. I've tried the tricks discussed previously, yet the plane still drifts off, and won't change directions at waypoints. Any other thoughts from anyone?

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

That is weird, I had read about all of the issue people were having with the GTN and Comanche so I was hesitant to upgrade to it in P3Dv4. However it has worked flawlessly for me right out of the gate so not sure what might be done differently on your system.. Did you install the GTN Complete series as administrator? Also did you use the A2A Comanche configurator to install the GPS in to the Comanche? Those are the only 2 things that I think would make a difference. I also run P3Dv4.1 as admin and have no issue. Got around 20ish hours on 4.1 with the Comanche and GTN complete using the 750 and no issues at all so far. I am also running Windows7 Ultimate so not sure if maybe you are on Windows10.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”