Throttle issues FSX

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
MichaelAKing
Airman First Class

Throttle issues FSX

Post by MichaelAKing »

Using the basic CH Yoke & rudder pedals (calibrated), FSUIC installed but not used for control axis or assignments, I quite regularly get throttle surges, and sometimes
complete loss of throttle power, like dead. I do not experience this with the C172 or C182 or any other aircraft. have frequently downloaded the A2A update, but the issue
still persists.
Regards
Mike

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Throttle issues FSX

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Mike,

Just a quick question: when you say "throttle surges" do you mean you can actually see the throttle move of its own accord in the cockpit? If so, then it does sound like a controller issue.

If not though (if it's just the engine power surging), I wonder if you're seeing simulated response to spark plug fouling, carburettor icing or similar?

Thanks,
Nick

MichaelAKing
Airman First Class

Post by MichaelAKing »

Hi Nick
On aircraft loading I frequently get an engine surge ( throttle at idle ), which is easily countered by advancing the joystick throttle. The killer
is when I suddenly lose all power , no response from mouse or joystick throttle, this last issue is intermittent but nevertheless annoying, and
is not experienced with other a/c.

Mike

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Mike. Do the power losses occur when you're idling on the ground, or when you're in flight? The former would suggest spark plug fouling, and both could be caused by simulated carburettor icing. The latter comes up quite often as the culprit for 'unexplained' power loss; see this recent topic for an example.

Nick

P.S. The engine surge on loading is possibly the T-6 'remembering' the throttle setting when the sim was last shut down.

MichaelAKing
Airman First Class

Post by MichaelAKing »

Hi Nick
The loss of power is always in flight, Just had a VFR flight from EGPO to EGPB,,,,,, perfect no problems.
Is it advisable to load a default a/c before selecting an A2A aircraft ?
As you are probably aware PMDG always advise selecting their aircraft initially, could that be the problem?

Regards
Mike

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yeah, generally best to load a default aircraft before switching to the A2A one Mike.

In your case though, I'd still put my money on carburettor icing being the culprit. Next time you experience power loss, try using the carb heat lever on the panel (or just hit 'h' on the keyboard).

Cheers,
Nick

MichaelAKing
Airman First Class

Post by MichaelAKing »

Thanks for your assistance Nick, I'll watch out for the icing situation.

Cheers
Mike

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”