Cannot open Maintenance Shop option

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Cannot open Maintenance Shop option

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Don,

Hmm, you talk about "accelerated FSX" but also "the two 'fixes' installed". I'm just wondering if applying SP1 and SP2 to FSX Acceleration has caused a problem somewhere. (These two service packs are intended for the non-Acceleration version.)

What you could try is popping the Acceleration disk back in the PC and seeing if it gives you an option to 'repair' the installation. If I recall correctly it does, though it's a few years since I've installed the disk version of FSX.

Good luck with that and also with the other matters you mentioned! :shock:
Nick

Archive88
Airman First Class

Re: Cannot open Maintenance Shop option

Post by Archive88 »

Nick:
I agree there's something strange about the install. You know, everything seems to work except the "Additional Panel Windows (radio, GPS)" which is clearly an FSX inherent problem. Everything else (I mean everything including the seat adjustment stuff) works just fine.
I wonder if just a very clean FSX install with no SP1/2 installs and then a clean install of the A2A Comanche would be the best solution? Just work with a clean slate instead of screwing around trying to fix what's there? On the new install I would follow your suggestion and not do the SP1/2 stuff.
Well, have to quit and get ready to head for Tucson for a not-happy time. Go ahead and sign off. I'll get in touch when I get back about two weeks or so from now after settling things down here at home after the absence and have a chance to get back to this island place and recover.
Always grateful for the assistance.
-=dcp=-

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”