Directional issues?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Aceman
Airman First Class

Directional issues?

Post by Aceman »

Am I doing something wrong or is the directional messed up? They don't line up?

I am trying to attach a photo but I get a flag saying board attachment has been reached.

Aceman

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Directional issues?

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello - sounds like you just need to correct the compass card by left-clicking the heading bug knob on the right then turning it left or right with the mouse wheel. The Century HSI modelled in the Comanche isn't slaved to a magnetic sensor like the KI 525A in the 182. This means you'll need to correct for gyro drift every 15-30 mins.

Nick

P.S. Tips on attaching images here. :wink:

J van E
Staff Sergeant

Post by J van E »

Or simply press the D key. (Which is the default key to correct the compass card.) I have to set that compass card EVERY DAY. It never ever happens that I get back to the plane and the compass card doesn't have to be aligned. So (lazy as I am) I made a habit of pressing D a few times whenever I enter the cockpit. If you don't do this you end up in the weirdest places... :wink:

After typing this I have to say I am a bit disappointed in myself... I am trying to use everything the Comanche offers and to do everything as realistic as possible and then I do this... Shame on me. I will try to manually set the compass card from now on. And the baron too btw (for which I us B all the time.)

Aceman
Airman First Class

Post by Aceman »

It seems to work! Thanks for all your help!

cheers.. aceman

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”