Piper Comanche 250 Mixture issue

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
undergroundleo
Airman

Piper Comanche 250 Mixture issue

Post by undergroundleo »

Hi All,

Before anything, let me say I tried searching for this topic on the forum without luck.

If the issue was already discussed, I apologize.

I'm having an issue with the Piper Comanche 250 Mixture, that when flying it randomly sets to 50%, no matter its previous position.

I noticed that I had the mixture set to 30% and randomly went up to 50%. I changed it back to 30% and after a while (random) it reverted back to 50% again.

Can you guys help me? Its a bit annoying when that happens at 12000ft and the cylinder temp goes to 0 shutting your engine down without noticing and without even touching the mixture.

I have no axis controlling the mixture, and I deleted all the key bindings, still, the issue remains.

Also, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. But the problem is still there.

My specs are:

Sim: P3D V4
PC: Intel i7 7700K
MB: Asus ROG Z270H Gaming
Mem: 16GB Kingston Hyper X 2400Mhz
Video: EVGA GTX 970SC
Joystick: Logitech 3D Pro
Windows 10 Pro

Thanks in advance

Leo

undergroundleo
Airman

Re: Piper Comanche 250 Mixture issue

Post by undergroundleo »

Also, I can confirm that all the steps on the FAQ where checked.

Automixture is off.

Regards

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

It is 99.9% a control binding that is buried somewhere. Make sure you check the bindings for each of your detected controllers in the sim.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

undergroundleo
Airman

Post by undergroundleo »

Hello Oracle,

All bindings for mixture where checked on the sim. Deleted all of them (even the keyboard ones).

Any idea would be highly appreciated.

Regards!

Leo

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Leo,

I know you say you've deleted all the mixture control assignments, but this really does sound like a 'textbook' control conflict. Are you absolutely 100% sure that something like the joystick twist axis isn't assigned to mixture? And if so, is the joystick the only hardware you use?

Failing that, any other software (the obvious one being FSUIPC5) which could be involved?

Thanks,
Nick

undergroundleo
Airman

Post by undergroundleo »

Hi Nick,

I am sure that I cleared all axis and all button assignments "mixture related".

Also, I do not have installed FSUIPC.

The only odd thing that I found on the aircraft.cfg file was this line:

fuel_air_auto_mixture= 1 //Automixture available? 0=FALSE, 1=TRUE

Changed it to zero like this:

fuel_air_auto_mixture= 0 //Automixture available? 0=FALSE, 1=TRUE

I am going to test and if the issue remains, I will let you guys know.

So far I flew on Alaska at 12000ft without the mixture dropping for about 40 minutes, but when I noticed the issue was over 2 hours of flight.

I will keep you guys posted.

Best Regards and thanks for your time to all of you!

Leo

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

You had auto mixture enabled, definitely a no no with A2A aircraft. I'm surprised you were even able to start the engine.

undergroundleo
Airman

Post by undergroundleo »

Sorry Oracle, but I can assure Automixture was disabled on my realism options menu since my P3D installation as I fly without any aids.

I dont know why that option was set to 1 on the aircraft cfg file. The aircraft was installed 2 days ago and P3D was installed 2 weeks ago.

Regards

Leo

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Maybe a quirk in P3D, but it's good that you went ahead and checked in the config files. It might have been a few more cycles on the forums before we got to that point! :)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

undergroundleo wrote:The only odd thing that I found on the aircraft.cfg file was this line:

Hi guys,

I don't think this is the culprit here. That entry in the aircraft.cfg is apparently normal, and it's the main Prepar3D.cfg which records the automixture setting applied in the realism menu. (C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg; the line in question should read "RealMixture=True".)

Let us know how you get on though Leo.

If the issue persists, the only other suggestion I can think of at present is to search the "Standard.xml" file (C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Controls) for the term "mixture" to check for any conflicts.

Thanks,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Quickest way to check for control issue it to fly with keyboard and mouse and no other controls plugged in. Then monitor, if the mixture moves think back to the last key you pressed and check for duplicate key mappings.

We do not support the editing of our cfg files and in this particular case I'd advise against it.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

undergroundleo
Airman

Post by undergroundleo »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Quickest way to check for control issue it to fly with keyboard and mouse and no other controls plugged in. Then monitor, if the mixture moves think back to the last key you pressed and check for duplicate key mappings.

We do not support the editing of our cfg files and in this particular case I'd advise against it.

thanks,
Lewis
Dear Lewis,

Reverted the change made to the aircraft.cfg file.

I will continue checking the P3D file but flying with a keyboard is nearly impossible for me (I am bad enough with a joystick) :lol:

Also, noticed that the mixture was changed under heavy turbulence (active sky).

I will continue testing, but I am sure is not a key or axis mapping issue.

Best Regards

Leo

undergroundleo
Airman

Post by undergroundleo »

Nick M wrote:
undergroundleo wrote:The only odd thing that I found on the aircraft.cfg file was this line:

Hi guys,

I don't think this is the culprit here. That entry in the aircraft.cfg is apparently normal, and it's the main Prepar3D.cfg which records the automixture setting applied in the realism menu. (C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg; the line in question should read "RealMixture=True".)

Let us know how you get on though Leo.

If the issue persists, the only other suggestion I can think of at present is to search the "Standard.xml" file (C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Controls) for the term "mixture" to check for any conflicts.

Thanks,
Nick

Nick,

Checked the P3D.cfg file and Real Mixture was set to True.

Also, when looking on the xml file nothing comes up when searching for "mixture", which makes me think, that confirms that the mapping is clear for mixture.

Does the mixture lever suffers from "creep" when the aircraft is under heavy turbulence? (maybe a bug?). (just throwing random thoughts).

I lowered active sky turbulence parameters to see if that was the cause.

I will keep you guys posted.

Regards

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Leo - it does seem likely we've eliminated a control conflict in that case, unless you've got some other software sending commands to the sim. In terms of hardware, is it just the Logitech 3D Pro stick you're using and do you have any Logitech driver software installed?

I don't think movement of the mixture lever caused by turbulence is a likely culprit. However, please can you list any other add-ons you've got installed if the problem remains? It seems possible another bit of software is involved here.

Thanks,
Nick

undergroundleo
Airman

Post by undergroundleo »

Nick M wrote:Okay, thanks Leo - it does seem likely we've eliminated a control conflict in that case, unless you've got some other software sending commands to the sim. In terms of hardware, is it just the Logitech 3D Pro stick you're using and do you have any Logitech driver software installed?

I don't think movement of the mixture lever caused by turbulence is a likely culprit. However, please can you list any other add-ons you've got installed if the problem remains? It seems possible another bit of software is involved here.

Thanks,
Nick

Nick,

The only hardware installed (for now) is the Logitech 3D Pro as I recently formatted my pc. (I have a G27 that is not installed nor connected).

List of addons:

- Active Sky for P3D
- VFX realism (737,777 and precipitFX)
- ORBx FTX (Global + Vectors + North America Open LC).
- Vpilot (Not running when the issue was detected)
- Smartcars (Not running when the issue was detected)
- JoinFS
- Several Aiport sceneries

I have the Cessna 172 and the Piper Comanche 250. The 172 after more than 10 hours of use has no issues, only on the Comanche 250 the mixture issue appeared.

Tomorrow at 2100z I will test again the plane since work didn't let me today.

Best Regards

Leo

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”