Issue with Input Configurator

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Issue with Input Configurator

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good news, high five on your house and sim, family all being good 8) The few people I know in the area in Florida all seem to have been lucky with power being out the biggest issue.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

Thanks for the well wishing. Got power a day ago, still a LOT to do around here. (My life sure interferes with my hobby!) :D

Not sure if it matters, but the ONLY commands I have going through the input configurator is the landing lights.

axisConfig.cfg

Elevator_Trim joystick:0:DISABLED False
Rudder_Trim joystick:1:DISABLED False
AP_Roll joystick:1:DISABLED False
Carb_Heat_Lever joystick:2:DISABLED False
Flaps_Lever joystick:1:DISABLED False
Cockpit_Ventilation joystick:1:DISABLED False
Cockpit_Heat joystick:1:DISABLED False
Defroster joystick:1:DISABLED False
Nav_Instr_Light_Knob joystick:1:DISABLED False

Disable_Shortcuts
Yoke_AP_Disconnect
Yoke_AP_Mode
Yoke_AP_Alt
Autopilot_Master
Trim_Up
Trim_Down
Magneto_Inc.
Magneto_Dec.
Engine_Starter
Gear_Up
Gear_Neutral
Gear_Down
Nav_Instr_Light_Knob_Inc.
Nav_Instr_Light_Knob_Dec.
Cockpit_Ventilation
Carb_Heat
Headphones
Red_Cockpit_Light
White_Cockpit_Light
Landing_Lamps_Left joystick:0:button:4
Landing_Lamps_Right joystick:0:button:5
Battery_ON
Battery_OFF
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

TBryson2 wrote:[...] still a LOT to do around here.
Yeah - I'll bet there is! :|

On the subject of the axisConfig.cfg, I notice your entries above for the landing lights refer to "joystick:0". I wonder what would happen if you tried manually editing the file to use "joystick:1"? Maybe worth a try anyway.

Another tactic would be to use the input configurator to assign the landing lights to keyboard shortcuts. Then you can use FSUIPC to program the switch panel to send these same key presses. (There's a "select for key press" tick box for this.)

As mentioned earlier, you could also use text macros and I can provide some more guidance if the above suggestions don't help. :)

Cheers,
Nick

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

Both excellent ideas! I did notice that (if I remember correctly) input configurator, FSUIPC and P3D each has different "joystick" numbers for that same device. Forgot about that and will look into it soon.

I'll report back as soon as I can

Thanks
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

Your suggestion of setting the Input Configurator from "Joystick:0" to "Joystick:1" worked! Now my landing lights are configured correctly and work with my switch panel.

I tried to set them to "Joystick:4" (only because FSUIPC sees them as "4") but that had no effect. Not sure why I.C. and FSUIPC saw them as different "Joysticks", but that is irrelevant at this point.

In any case, this one is resolved! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks for the suggestion! Had I not been in "crisis mode", I might have experimented with it on my own, but you never know.

TB2
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear you have it resolved 8)

And crisis mode or not, never be afraid to ask on the forums for a helping hand or little guidance, whilst nothing is 100% theirs normally someone out there that has gone through similar and can help or suggest. In this case I know Nick in the past year or so has gone from FSUIPC control rookie to investigating it a little more in depth for his own needs which being the gentlemen he is, then is able to help others in these areas.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yeah, good to hear the issue is resolved TB2. :) Thanks for the update and hope the post-Hurricane clean up is going okay. Fingers-crossed that Maria leaves you guys well alone...

And thanks for the kind words Lewis. I was definitely a late adopter with FSUIPC, but I reckon I know just enough now to be dangerous! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Nick

Glenn
Airman Basic

Post by Glenn »

Hi, I've recently purchased the Commanche 250 and I've been able to assign two 2 pole switches to the left and right landing lights using the input configurator. Activating the physical switch turns the respective light on. However I can't find anyway of getting the lights to go off unless I recycle the physical switch i.e Up, Down, Up. Both up and down are connected to the Bodner board and both positions can be assigned.... I just can't find anyway of doing it. I've tried FSUIPC but my LUA skills are embryonic and I'm struggling. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Glenn - welcome to the forums and thanks for your PM.

The input configurator for the Comanche provides a simple "toggle on/off" function for each of the landing lights, so to use them with a two position switch, you'll need to use FSUIPC as you mention. However, a simple text macro should do the trick; there's no need to get into Lua scripting at this stage. :)

The text macro should reference A2A's custom L:Vars (local variables) for the landing lamps which can be found here. The L:Vars in this case are "L:LandingLightLeftSwitch" and "L:LandingLightRightSwitch". Making the text macro is actually pretty simple...

1. Create a new text document in the "Modules" directory of your host sim. (i.e the same directory where the FSUIPC files are saved.)

2. Place the following text in the text document.

Code: Select all

[MACROS]
1=L:LandingLightLeftSwitch=SET
2=L:LandingLightRightSwitch=SET
3. Rename the document from "New Text Document.txt" to something like "1_A2A.mcro". It's import that the file extension is changed, so make sure that "hide extensions for know file types" is unticked in the Windows folder options. Once you've renamed the file, you can still open and edit it with Notepad; you'll need to choose Notepad as the default progam for this operation. (In case you have any trouble with this, you can download a *.mcro file which I've created here.)

4. Once you've placed the "1_A2A.mcro" in your "Modules" folder, open the sim and in the "Buttons + Switches" tab of FSUIPC, find your new entries (they'll be at the top if you used the "1" prefix for the *.mcro file name). To start with switching the left landing lamp ON, place the appropriate hardware switch in the relevant position, choose the "1 L:LandingLightLeftSwitch Set" control and set the "parameter" value to 1.

5. Once you've done this, repeat for the OFF position for your left landing light switch, but this time use the "parameter" value of 0. Then repeat steps 4 and 5 using your new L:Var for the right landing light.

Hope this helps. If you have any problems, please give us a shout :wink:

Nick

Glenn
Airman Basic

Post by Glenn »

Hi Nick,

That was scarily simple to do and works perfectly. I think that's going to open a world of possibilities!
Very many thanks.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Glenn - yep, now you can add lots more L:Vars to that macro file if you wish.

Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”