Input configurator not working?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
divinglyc
Airman

Input configurator not working?

Post by divinglyc »

Hi! I recently bought this magnificent A/C and am now trying to learn flying it.
I have set some command through the Input configurator to some joystick buttons, such as the Yoke AP disconnect, Yoke AP alt, Yoke AP Mode.
However, when I load the A/C in my P3D v4, the input command does not work through the joystick buttons.
What can I do?? Thanks!!

divinglyc
Airman

Re: Input configurator not working?

Post by divinglyc »

Hi! Can anyone please help me?
I am talking about the "Comanche Input Configurator" that comes along with the installation of this plane.
I assign a button of my joystick ( Thrustmaster 16000M and TWCS Throttle) to one of the command as a "shortcut".
However, when I fly the plane in P3D v4, the button does not have the assigned function.
Thanks again for any input!!

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

Hi,

Are you sure the autopilot is turned on first? In the Comanche there is an AP master switch that has to be turned on before the AP buttons will do anything.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Another thing to bear in mind is that hardware controllers must be enabled in the host sim for the input configurator to work. If they're disabled (because you use FSUIPC, for instance) this would also explain the issue you describe.

For what it's worth I've got some button shortcuts on a T.16000M working fine via the input configurator in P3Dv4.

Thanks,
Nick

divinglyc
Airman

Post by divinglyc »

molleh wrote:Hi,

Are you sure the autopilot is turned on first? In the Comanche there is an AP master switch that has to be turned on before the AP buttons will do anything.

Thanks!!
Indeed I have turned it on....... :)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello, I've posted the reply you sent via PM below as it's best to keep troubleshooting like this to the support forums unless it involves sharing confidential order info with the A2A team.
divinglyc wrote:
Nick M wrote:Nick M wrote:
Another thing to bear in mind is that hardware controllers must be enabled in the host sim for the input configurator to work. If they're disabled (because you use FSUIPC, for instance) this would also explain the issue you describe.

For what it's worth I've got some button shortcuts on a T.16000M working fine via the input configurator in P3Dv4.

Thanks,
Nick
Thanks for your information. I do use FSUIPC, but not paid version, only free version.
Second, I use "TARGET" to run my Joystick during the flight.
So, what could be the problem??
I don't use use the Target software, but does it involve handling all your control assignments outside of P3D? (i.e. are controllers disabled in P3D?)

Thanks,
Nick

divinglyc
Airman

Post by divinglyc »

Nick M wrote:Hello, I've posted the reply you sent via PM below as it's best to keep troubleshooting like this to the support forums unless it involves sharing confidential order info with the A2A team.
divinglyc wrote:
Nick M wrote:Nick M wrote:

Thanks,
Nick
Thanks for your information. I do use FSUIPC, but not paid version, only free version.
Second, I use "TARGET" to run my Joystick during the flight.
So, what could be the problem??
I don't use use the Target software, but does it involve handling all your control assignments outside of P3D? (i.e. are controllers disabled in P3D?)

Thanks,
Nick
Sorry... I find that I have to delete all the shortcuts, save it, then re-assign them and save it again.
It works this way!!Thanks again for all your help!
Problem solved!! :D :D :D

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

That's good to hear - thanks for the update. :)

Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”