HSI and autopilot not working

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
mathurpc
Airman First Class

HSI and autopilot not working

Post by mathurpc »

The HSI and the autopilot on my installation are not working. I have Comanche installed in P3D v3.4 as well as P3D v4 and in both cases I have this problem. I have read the previous postings reporting problems with either HSI or autopilot and have tried to follow the suggestions but none have worked. Here are the details;

1) The circuit breakers for HSI and autopilot are ON
2) The HSI does not align with the magnetic compass
3) When I turn the autopilot on, the green light comes on but the altitude hold does not work when I click the alt hold button. As suggested in one of the previous postings, I reach the desired altitude and level off and then press the alt hold button but it does not work.
4) The heading hold works fine in autopilot

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Pramod

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: HSI and autopilot not working

Post by Nick - A2A »

Pramod,
mathurpc wrote:2) The HSI does not align with the magnetic compass
The Century HSI modelled in the Comanche isn't slaved to a magnetic sensor like the KI 525A in the 182. This means you'll need to correct for gyro drift every 15-30 mins by left-clicking and rotating the heading bug knob on the right.
mathurpc wrote:3) When I turn the autopilot on, the green light comes on but the altitude hold does not work when I click the alt hold button. As suggested in one of the previous postings, I reach the desired altitude and level off and then press the alt hold button but it does not work.
Just to clarify, a lateral mode (ST, HD or TRK) must be active before you can engage altitude hold with the S-TEC System 30. Please can you confirm if this is the case?

Thanks,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

And just to add to Nicks post, the Altitude hold is only relevant when trimmed and following the AP manual trim system to keep the aircraft flying.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

mathurpc
Airman First Class

Post by mathurpc »

Nick M wrote:Pramod,
mathurpc wrote:2) The HSI does not align with the magnetic compass
The Century HSI modelled in the Comanche isn't slaved to a magnetic sensor like the KI 525A in the 182. This means you'll need to correct for gyro drift every 15-30 mins by left-clicking and rotating the heading bug knob on the right.
mathurpc wrote:3) When I turn the autopilot on, the green light comes on but the altitude hold does not work when I click the alt hold button. As suggested in one of the previous postings, I reach the desired altitude and level off and then press the alt hold button but it does not work.
Just to clarify, a lateral mode (ST, HD or TRK) must be active before you can engage altitude hold with the S-TEC System 30. Please can you confirm if this is the case?

Thanks,
Nick
Yes it worked - I was missing the left-click. And the autopilot is also working fine now. Thanks guys.

Pramod

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, that's good to know Pramod - thanks for the update.

Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”