comanche 250 aircraft configuration file

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
stevelpl
Airman

comanche 250 aircraft configuration file

Post by stevelpl »

Hi to all, downloaded the comanche three weeks ago but cannot open the aircraft configuration file, I only get a window open quoting unhandle exception ocurred module not ound hresult:
ox800700e error creating window handle, try as I will I cannot solve this problem even bringing outside help, I an going to install fsuipc will the help???,my operating sysem is windows xp .
I would be gratful to you guys for any help, please keep any replies simple at 82yrs the old grey matter is not very computer savvy. steve liverpool uk

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: comanche 250 aircraft configuration file

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Steve and welcome. :)

What program are you using to try and open the aircraft.cfg file? If you need to edit this file (typically to add a third-party paint job) it should just be a case of using a text editor such as the default Microsoft Notepad software. To do this, right click the file and use the "Open with" option.

FSUIPC isn't necessary to do this.

Thanks,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Steve and welcome to the forums,

do you mean the aircraft configuration program?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Lewis - A2A wrote:do you mean the aircraft configuration program?
Yep - that's a far more sensible interpretation. :) If so, please ignore everything I wrote above Steve. (Apart from the FSUIPC bit.) :mrgreen:

Nick

stevelpl
Airman

Post by stevelpl »

Hi lewis a2a lieutenant colonel, many thanks for speedy reply, after downloading plane it gave three options to open the, a2a comanche pilts manuel aircraft configorator-fsx input configurator,
its the aircraft configurator-fsx I cannot open, sorry for not being clear, I have saluted before Isign off thanks again. stevelpl

stevelpl
Airman

Post by stevelpl »

Hi nick m, thanks for reply will do, cheers stevelpl

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Steve - it sounds likely that your host sim installation isn't properly updated. Seems you're running FSX, but please can you tell us which version you're using? (Original disk version, Acceleration, Steam Edition etc...)

Thanks,
Nick

stevelpl
Airman

Post by stevelpl »

Hi Nick,, the version I am running, is fsx gold edition includes flight simulator x deluxe and acceleration expansion pack, keeping my fingers crossed ,( not steam) thanks for your help and time. stevelpl

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Steve. That suggests FSX is properly up-to-date and doesn't need any service packs. I wonder if it's an issue with admin rights on your PC? You could always try right-clicking the shortcut for the aircraft configurator and selecting "run as administrator" and see if that helps.

Also, to rule out an issue with the SimConnect client which the Comanche uses, please can you confirm for us that the product otherwise works okay? To do this, open the maintenance hangar when the Comanche is loaded in FSX (shift 7) and check that all the aircraft components aren't shown in red text as 'broken'.

Cheers,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

because you are running the old non supported Win XP you may encounter some issues. I would suggest it best to make sure your windows is all updated and that also that you have what are extras in Xp but included in later windows version. From the top of my head that is .net frameworks that I believe you have to download and install extra for XP.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... aspx?id=21

thanks,
Lewis

stevelpl
Airman

Post by stevelpl »

Hi lewis, when trying to open the jitdebugging to see if it reads "true" I recieve a message =adobe reader could not open "machine.config" because it is either not a supported file or the file has been damaged for example it was sent as email attachment or was not correctly decoded. does this throw any light on the problem ??? , I think I might up grade to windows 7 has xp is dated, pity because I have my old faithfulls there, if I do would you know if I would have to purchase the comanche again. thanks again for your help, cheers steve

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Steve,

right now an upgrade would be to windows 10. I really would recommend this as I think the issues you are having are due to the OS not natively supporting things correctly. I believe MS has dropped support for WinXP too for home users so you are open to attack from malware and what not.

Comanche wont have to be purchased again, just remember to backup your installer and reinstall on the new system.

thanks
Lewis

stevelpl
Airman

Post by stevelpl »

Hi Lewis sorry I havent been in touch, the saga so far is I thought there may have been a download fault so I decided to download the 182 skylane this downloaded ok but when winzip started to
open the programme the yahoo update window appeared and covered winzip window and froze the computer and I lost the download, the only way I get rid of yahoo is to switch off the computer, I decide to change my os windows xp to windows 7 and reinstall fsx, but I am now in the position of paying for 2 aircraft and no down
loads, do you know and advise me how to get in touch with a2a to reinstall the downloads or do you a contact at a2a you could pass this email to, sorry to be a pain ,
Many thanks steve houghton stevelpl

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

you are in contact with A2A right now so no worries about that hehe. The purchases you made will be tied to your store account. Simply log into your account to re-download.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

stevelpl
Airman

Post by stevelpl »

Hi lewis the eagle has landed in the form of 250 comanche and 182 skylane, landloads OK I just wonted to thankyou, I am just going to open a can sit back
and celibrate, give my thanks to scott , once again thanks over and out, stevelpl

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”