Getting Landing gear working with Sat=itek panel

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
deansalman
Airman

Getting Landing gear working with Sat=itek panel

Post by deansalman »

So I am using Saitek drivers and oddly enough the Landing gear control does not work with this aircraft. I say that because the flaps do work so it is talking to it. The buttons like fuel pump switch do but master switches do not. I have tried Spad Next but that is worst than the drivers from Saitek. The <g> key board does work so one work around is to assign the landing gear to a joy stick control. This is the only aircraft I have I think that does have a retracting gear. The 172 and 182 do not. This feature does work with every other add on aircraft, this is the first

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Getting Landing gear working with Sat=itek panel

Post by Nick - A2A »

The issue may be caused by the fact that the Comanche has a three position gear selector with 'down', 'neutral' and 'up' positions. The default FSX 'G' command switches between each of these positions in sequence. However, it's possible to use the A2A input configurator (or FSUIPC) to assign hardware directly to 'gear down' or 'gear up'.

Thanks,
Nick

zkiwi
Airman

Post by zkiwi »

There are profiles which work fine within Spad.neXt. Just go to Online profiles and download one of the A2A Comanche ones.

deansalman
Airman

Post by deansalman »

The default <g> key does engage the landing gear but I will try this option. Not sure if it will do any good since there is not a option in spadnet to assign a profile to the 250 aircraft.

zkiwi
Airman

Post by zkiwi »

I am flying the A2A Comanche right now and using Spad.neXt and it works fine. I have created my own profile in Spad and have everything i need working including the landing gear.

Have you tried one of the online profiles? If so and you have loaded the Comanche then Sopad will ask which profile you wish to assign to it, unless you already have assigned one.

You are probably better off asking for assistance on this in the Spad forums as it seems to be your Spad setup that is not working.

deansalman
Airman

Post by deansalman »

Thanks. I am using the online profile. I just need to fix the issue why the aircraft is not showing up to be assign. You are right, it is a spad issue. The plane was there, then I unassigned it to assign it to the correct profile and it disappeared. The C182 does not show up too so they have a issue with the A2A planes because all the rest show up just fine. The Spadnex is working great and I am starting to program new gauges for Saitek and create new profiles that are not online, or I am not finding them yet

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”