Misture control problem

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
galenogarbe
Airman

Misture control problem

Post by galenogarbe »

Hi guys,

My misture are going off after a few seconds of engine running. This happens only on my A2A aircrafts.
Any advise?

Galeno Garbe

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Re: Misture control problem

Post by mallcott »

galenogarbe wrote:Hi guys,

My misture are going off after a few seconds of engine running. This happens only on my A2A aircrafts.
Any advise?

Galeno Garbe
I think you need to explain that a little more thoroughly..?

What sim? What system? What hardware is controlling your mixture? Which A2A aircraft? Where are you in the world when this happens?

If all you mean is that with mixture full rich the engine is cutting out, that's because it does. It's normal.

You lean the mixture for any prolonged ground use to prevent plug fouling, along with raising the engine rpm, and you will also need to lean for any altiport as the full rich mixture will simply not be at the right relationship with the thinner air. for which you must adjust manually.

All this and more is covered in all the manuals for all your A2A aircrafts, so you might want to spend more time with them rather than more time phrasing your question so we can assist you unless the issue is not related to this, in which case we await your clarification.

galenogarbe
Airman

Post by galenogarbe »

Windows 10 64 bits
P3Dv4 (but the problem is happening since months on P3Dv3 as well)
Saitek X52 Pro
this happens in any location in the globe

for context, I have +25 yers in simulation and aviation world with lot of familiarity with aircraft flows and so on.

The mixture control on A2A aircrafts: C172, C182, PA24 start to being to poor position, giving the impression that 'someone' was touching that control on the joystick.

If I do open the X52 USB Settings on Windows, the AXIS never moves, but the mixture control start to slowly and continuos move to poor position until the engine run out. For months I'm flying with my hands on the mixture axis to do a kind of reset, moving continuously the axis a bit to back and forward to avoid the mixture move to poor.

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

galenogarbe wrote:Windows 10 64 bits
P3Dv4 (but the problem is happening since months on P3Dv3 as well)
Saitek X52 Pro
this happens in any location in the globe

for context, I have +25 yers in simulation and aviation world with lot of familiarity with aircraft flows and so on.

The mixture control on A2A aircrafts: C172, C182, PA24 start to being to poor position, giving the impression that 'someone' was touching that control on the joystick.

If I do open the X52 USB Settings on Windows, the AXIS never moves, but the mixture control start to slowly and continuos move to poor position until the engine run out. For months I'm flying with my hands on the mixture axis to do a kind of reset, moving continuously the axis a bit to back and forward to avoid the mixture move to poor.
Right, so its the calibration that's out, not your understanding of the sim. If you are using the Saitek drivers for your controller I'd stop -remove them - then look for a duplicate control assignment in the sim although if its happening in both P3dv3 and v4 that really rules out anything other than the controller and/or its software, as the control assignments are completely separate for each sim.

What you should be looking for is a `noisy` axis, which might be tuned out by increasing the null zone for the mixture axis, or more likely the axis sensitivity and the null zone in combination.

Best to tune that in the sim settings themselves.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

as well as a noisy axis it'd also be worth checking for mis mappings in the sim and in the aircraft input tool, just in case you have another control mapped to the mixture in the sim.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

galenogarbe
Airman

Post by galenogarbe »

Thanks a lot to both of you.

I'm going to run the tests based on your tips.

Have a nice week!

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”