Updating

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
antic81
Airman

Updating

Post by antic81 »

Hi there,

I have a small issue with my aircraft's rotating beacon, this was addressed by another user in another thread, and the end result was that it was a known bug that had been sorted and would be rolled out in a patch.
This got me thinking - how do I know when a patch is released? And then how do I update to the latest version? I can't see a version date or number with my aircraft? I have only just re-downloaded the P3D V4 version. In order to update to the latest version is it a case of just re-downloading the installer again from my account?

Many thanks for any information - I have been scouring the internet looking for intel on this subject and have come up empty!

Anthony

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Updating

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

we use the Accu-sim updater that is posted on the the top of all the forums here. You can just run that when the first P3Dv4 update is released and it will check your system for A2A products and update what needs updating.

When we release a new updater we post on the forums here and on all our social media channels (twitter, facebook etc)

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

antic81
Airman

Post by antic81 »

Hi Lewis,

Many thanks for your help! So basically there is currently no update at the moment? We are waiting for the hotfix from LM first, is that right?

Thanks again!

Anthony

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

Its a non-issue. Software is released and stays the same. Call it v1.0 for sake of argument. So do not re-download the original installer unless you've lost the copy on your own hard drive.

The Update is singular and cumulative for all models across all platforms (with the exception of the P3Dv4 versions at the moment by dint of timing).

You download the Update, run it and that will bring you up to date with every A2A product in your sim.

You can do no harm if you run the update over the top of the same update.

At the moment you have the latest greatest version of the product for P3Dv4. For sure there will be kerfuffle across the net and all sim sites when the next Update is released!

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

antic81 wrote:Hi Lewis,

Many thanks for your help! So basically there is currently no update at the moment? We are waiting for the hotfix from LM first, is that right?

Thanks again!

Anthony
No, while there will be fixes and updates from L-M, that has no bearing on your A2A product. Its the A2A update you want to focus on. For now, you are updated.

That being said, it may be the case in future that a certain L-M update might require a commensurate A2A update of its own. But cross that bridge when we come to it.

antic81
Airman

Post by antic81 »

Yeah I can imagine everything will probably stop working again and will need to be updated for the update!
I have only actually got Orbx, the pmdg 744 and this aircraft with active sky...ok now that I list it all off sounds like a lot, I have stayed away from 3rd party airports at the moment.
Just a quick one, Lewis mentioned the top of the forums is the accu-sim updater...however I seem to be rather blind as I cant see it? I realise that theres nothing to update quite yet, but just wondering if I am missing something?

Anthony

UKJim
Senior Airman

Post by UKJim »

On the pinned topics you will see a topic called 'Accu-Sim Update 4_13_2017 DOWNLOAD' this will update and the date in the title will be updated. So just keep an eye on this topic and when the date changes, download it and run the installer. This will update all of your A2A products in one go.

The beacon issue will be fixed hopefully on the next update.

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

UKJim wrote:On the pinned topics you will see a topic called 'Accu-Sim Update 4_13_2017 DOWNLOAD' this will update and the date in the title will be updated. So just keep an eye on this topic and when the date changes, download it and run the installer. This will update all of your A2A products in one go.

The beacon issue will be fixed hopefully on the next update.
Correct, always keep track of the update date, I usually download it and keep it on file so I can compare the date.
Last edited by mallcott on 24 Jun 2017, 10:18, edited 1 time in total.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes when we update the P3Dv4 products in the updater it will of course be announced. We want to finish moving the P3D fleet over first though and we are nearly done with the Connie the last one now to release.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

antic81
Airman

Post by antic81 »

Hi all,

Many thanks for all the help chaps! I'll keep my eyes open for that update when its ready!

Anthony

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”