Comanche and C-172 installation Steam

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
hcb
Airman Basic

Comanche and C-172 installation Steam

Post by hcb »

I've searched the forums and can't find an answer -

I've had the C-172, Comanche and J3 Cub all running perfectly under Windows 7. I've now replaced that machine and am running a brand new HP Envy laptop in Windows 10 with 16Gb of memory, 1 Tb disk and the newest Intel 64 bit chipset. Since I cannot load the boxed edition of FSX in Windows 10, I've migrated to Steam. All drivers are up to date and Steam itself seems to be running smoothly.

All versions of the Cub are available at "free flight". But only one version each of the C-172 and Comanche are available. I looked in program files and saw that all versions of each aircraft are listed. Then I looked at the "panel" config files for each - the displayed version has the complete config file and the others have alias files referring to the displayed version. I still have only the single configuration available at "free flight."

I loaded the Flight1 GTN 750 through Flight1's configuator. It worked flawlessly under Windows 7. In Steam, it doesn't show up. No pilot or passenger figure appears.

Since everything appears to have loaded properly from A2A, and ran flawlessly in the boxed version of FSX, I think the problem is with Steam. But steam offers no help on either FSX or addons. Rather, Steam says they are not the best source of information and refers questions to the relevant companies.

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong and how I might fix it?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Comanche and C-172 installation Steam

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello hcb - welcome to the forums. :)

It sounds like you might just need to tick the "show all variations" checkbox at the bottom of the "select aircraft" screen. By default, I don't think this is selected.

The Cub includes different models as well as different paint variations, which is why you can already see a few versions of it.

Cheers,
Nick

hcb
Airman Basic

Post by hcb »

Wow - do I feel stupid. That worked perfectly. Thanks very much, Nick

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

No problem! :) And don't worry - it's rather a small and inconspicuous check-box which catches plenty of people out. :wink:

Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”