Problem with the elevator trim

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
jochen_b
Airman

Problem with the elevator trim

Post by jochen_b »

Hello to all,
I just purchased the A2A Comanche 250 for PREPAR3DV3. I encountered the problem, that I am not able to trim the plane to hold an altitude by itself (autopilot disengaged). As soon as I press the joystick buttons (no repetitions assigned) or use the mousewheel to trim up/down the plane looses its smooth behavior. The vertical speed indicator rushes from + to - even with very small inputs, and as soon as I pull up the stick trying to hold my altitude it seems that the plane is hopping or stuttering. As I said absolutely no smooth movements.
My first thougt was an interference with some other devices or buttons (I use the X52 Pro HOTAS/FSUIPC full version), so I removed all FSUIPC assignements and tried the PREPAR3D V3 assinments. Same here.
I tried all other A2A aircrafts (P-47/Stratocruiser/Piper Cub) and some default aircrafts no problems here.
I read that the Input-Configurator could make problems, so I searched for the axisconfig.cfg but could not find it anywhere. Only found an ac.cfg in the folder of the Input-Configurator, I tried to remove that, but that did not change anything.
I also had the idea that some kind of microstutters (as in FSX) could be the cause for this, but I have steady 35 fps. I think this can be excluded. Evything is smooth, when I look around.
Edit: Also tried to load a default plane and after that the Comanche.
2nd edit: Yes, my controls have max sensitivity and no dead-zone.
What could be the problem ? Maybe someone has an idea ?!?

Regards
Jochen
ImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Problem with the elevator trim

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

you mentioned the input configuration tool but don't mention if you tried to use it to map with. The input configs we include with our aircraft are aircraft specific and only affect the aircraft they are designed for.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

jochen_b
Airman

Post by jochen_b »

Sorry, forgot about that. No, I did not use it. Just started this application once just to be sure, that nothing is selected.
And the A2A updater checked the product immediatly after installation.

Edit: After trying to fly the Comanche, I made a short flight with the Stratocruiser. When I moved the wheel on my HOTAS to change from "Auto-rich" to "Auto-Lean" I noticed that in the VC the mixture-lever was vibrating for a short moment and then moved to its new position. Maybe the source of the problem is the same ?!?
And, now I remember, a few weeks ago I installed two helicopters (the DODOSIM and the Aerosoft Huey) and also encountered some strange joystick problems. Seemed to me that two axis where assigned to one movement. I recalibrated it in FSUIPC and the problem disappeared.
I just read a few threads on several flightsim forums and it seemes to me that there are many people have various problems with their joysticks within Prepar3d v3. I also found that Lockheed puplished two hotfixes, I will give them a try. Maybe thats the solution.
It is really hard for me to imagine that the source of the problem is the airplane itself, I have a lot of A2A planes and they are all absolutely well programmed.

Regards
Jochen
ImageImage

jochen_b
Airman

Post by jochen_b »

Hello,
after a few weeks of absence of PC time I had now time to make further investigations. My P3D installation is up to date. I deactivated the HOTAS in P3D and assigned everything with FSUIPC. Now nearly* everything works fine.
*nearly---> (found one exeption) now my Aerosoft HueyX does not react right on joystick commands, but that is another story.
All my A2A aircrafts fly perfect now :-)
As far as I read P3D seems to have strange problems with joysticks and controllers.

Regards
Jochen
ImageImage

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Regarding aerosofts huey , look in the aerosoft forums regarding fsuipc setup proceedure , it is very complex due to the way they programed it .
Regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”