Conflict with Active Sky 2016 and the Comanche

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
BorderCollie
Airman Basic

Conflict with Active Sky 2016 and the Comanche

Post by BorderCollie »

So I load up a flight at my local airport (KSAC) to run some pattern work and do some touch and goes, but about 50-100ft off the ground the aircraft would snap instantly to an extreme left angle. I did a few more touch and goes to see if it was just me yanking the stick to hard ,but it wasn't. I couldn't land the aircraft at all because it as soon as I got close to the ground it would just snap to the left or snap the nose towards the ground and I couldn't fight it all. Tried reinstalling the Comanche and it did the same thing, so I changed airports to Reid Hillview and it did the same thing snapping to the left instantly when close to the ground. First I thought it was maybe an anti piracy trick that probably mistook my install for illegitimate, but I tried the same landing at both fields with Active Sky 2016 off and it did the trick. No more instant left snap close to the ground. Never had this problem before until today. I should also mention that there arent any high-winds or gusts at the fields or any crosswinds. Kinda stumped on whats going on as I have never encountered this issue with A2A aircraft and Active Sky before.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Conflict with Active Sky 2016 and the Comanche

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

all I can really think of is some bad weather injection from Active sky or you hit wake turbulence as modelled by Active sky which could easily do exactly what you describe. A lot of our users and as we here at A2A are also simmers I think at least if not more than half of us also have and use Active sky all ok.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I use ASN , and all turbulance and windshear had to be turned way down , as they are way to severe in ASN and i belive 2016 is even worse regarding these settings , and i have found that even when NO WEATHER is injected into the sim via ASN , FSX as some areas that still have strong turbulance , so if you fly in these areas with ASN/2016 on , it would be very severe turbulnce that would make the aircraft almost unflyable.
regards alan. 8)
Last edited by alan CXA651 on 10 May 2017, 12:13, edited 1 time in total.

BorderCollie
Airman Basic

Post by BorderCollie »

Hey guys, thanks for the responses. Ended playing with the settings some more in Active Sky 2016 and turned off enhanced turbulance and haven't experienced the crazy snaps anymore...For now...

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Enhanced Turbulence should be OFF for AS2016. I discovered this on my first few flights in the Connie. I've had it off ever since, and no problems. Also, I've got my wake turbulence set at 20. Enough to be a factor, but not enough to flip you upside down.

Seeya
ATB

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Post by guillaume78150 »

I never had a problem with ASN, all features are set to "default" value. "Enhance Turbulence" is off.
It makes the sim is pretty realistic, entering clouds makes the flight bumpy as in real. I crossed once a liner wake turbulence and it made the landing a roller coaster ride... :wink:

Orlaam
Senior Airman

Post by Orlaam »

I also have enhanced turbulence turned off in AS16. I do keep other turbulence and wx phenomenon turned on but reduced some. Most add ons don't play well with these injected simulations.

It is important to note however that wake turbulence can invert your plane and lead to a crash, just as a severe thunderstorm, microburst or windshear can kill you as well. But unfortunately it's not modeled well in the sim. I keep my wake turb on but low.
Chris J.

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU | Windows & Pro 64 bit | FSX:SE

Taka taka
Senior Airman

Post by Taka taka »

I thought I had an issue with AS2016 as described above but it turned out to be the left flap was jammed. When I was on approach and hit the lever the plane pitched wildly to the left - I found I could cover it with a LOT of rudder. I hit F11 and saw the issue so I just retraced the flaps and landed a bit hotter than normal.
"Spring Chicken to Shite Hawk in one easy lesson...taka taka taka taka..."

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”