Undercarriage bumb and thump sounds while taxiing

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
mizra108
Airman Basic

Undercarriage bumb and thump sounds while taxiing

Post by mizra108 »

Hi there!

So I have around 60 hrs now on the Comanche and since the beginning, I was always used to hearing the bump and thump sounds while taxiing..Somehow, I've realized that I no longer hear them, which makes me wonder, is this normal? Absolutely every other sound in the airplane is just fine, even the squeaking brake sounds are still audible.

Just want to note that prior to noticing what is mentioned in the paragraph above, I did have a mishap by banging the left wing tip while towing the aircraft (engine was on and all working). As expected, P3D detected the crash and when the airplane was loaded again and when opened the maintenance window, it showed a busted left brake so I replaced it.

Note the following, in my last 2 flights, towing has been almost impossible. This is how it goes, I start P3D with the default scenario on then load screen and then select my Comanche scenario which puts me right where i left off and also helps in loading correctly with no bugs. Then, when I first start the flight, towing is fine and normal, but when I land at the destination airport, for some reason, towing is almost impossible. The airplane barely moves at all and brakes are off. Does this have any relation to what I mentioned before?

Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks guys!

Mark

lifendet
Airman

Re: Undercarriage bumb and thump sounds while taxiing

Post by lifendet »

mizra108 wrote:Hi there!

So I have around 60 hrs now on the Comanche and since the beginning, I was always used to hearing the bump and thump sounds while taxiing..Somehow, I've realized that I no longer hear them, which makes me wonder, is this normal? Absolutely every other sound in the airplane is just fine, even the squeaking brake sounds are still audible.

Just want to note that prior to noticing what is mentioned in the paragraph above, I did have a mishap by banging the left wing tip while towing the aircraft (engine was on and all working). As expected, P3D detected the crash and when the airplane was loaded again and when opened the maintenance window, it showed a busted left brake so I replaced it.

Note the following, in my last 2 flights, towing has been almost impossible. This is how it goes, I start P3D with the default scenario on then load screen and then select my Comanche scenario which puts me right where i left off and also helps in loading correctly with no bugs. Then, when I first start the flight, towing is fine and normal, but when I land at the destination airport, for some reason, towing is almost impossible. The airplane barely moves at all and brakes are off. Does this have any relation to what I mentioned before?

Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks guys!

Mark
I would check the mx hangar again to make sure everything is ok.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
ImageImageImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Undercarriage bumb and thump sounds while taxiing

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

if you are loading a saved flight try creating a new flight instead.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”