Help on 2d Pop-ups

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Cable_eagle05
Airman Basic

Help on 2d Pop-ups

Post by Cable_eagle05 »

So story goes that I have flown A2A aircraft for a little over a year and love it. Finally got the funds to build a new computer and did so while upgrading to triple monitors. Reinstalled my A2A aircraft and immediately attempted a flight just to find out that the 2d pop up panels (hangar, weight and balance, etc) do not show. When i key in Shift+1-8 a black box flashes and that's all that happens. Immediately searched the forums and found a couple of options for fixes by shousa but to no success. Hopefully someone has any other options or maybe I can go into more detail if needed of what changes I have attempted.

Really hope this gets fixed soon as I am just itching to get back in my virtual cockpit and fly the Comanche again!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Help on 2d Pop-ups

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums,

the normal issue for this symptom is that the host platform isn't updated or is missing/has corrupt simconnect.

Can you let us know what you have tried so far?

Can you let us know which platform you are using?

And unrelated but always worth a reminder, to make sure as well as the platform sim that also your Accu-sim aircraft is updated using the Accu-sim updater here;

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 25&t=57819

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Cable_eagle05
Airman Basic

Post by Cable_eagle05 »

So far I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall FSX twice, and A2A three times.

Used the Accu-sim aircraft updater a couple of times as well.

Also I have read through the panel.cfg backing up the original and attempted a few changes that Shousa had suggested in a previous post like adding pixel_size=x,y for panels not including it and also adjusting the size of the panels to match what resolution I am running with my new triple monitor setup, not sure if I did all of the changes correctly though.

As for my platform, I am running on a brand new Intel I7 6700k with a Geforce GTX 1070 graphics card, water cooled, and running on two hard drives ( an SSD and a HDD), Windows 10 Pro. I have FSX on my HDD which is 2T so there shouldn't be any issues with the CPU itself, especially since the default aircraft bring up their pop ups just fine.

For FSX I am running FSX Acceleration so it should have sim-connect already and the SP2.

Just to clarify I had no issues with FSX or A2A on my old computer, it just came time to build a new one and get a new setup. I want to say that going from 1 to 3 monitors is the issue but obviously I cannot confirm this. My resolution for FSX is at 5760x1080x32

Cable_eagle05
Airman Basic

Post by Cable_eagle05 »

Shousa wrote:Good morning....

Now as for those two possibilities. First off look at the SOH link at number 2 first because there is an explanation there.

It's official name is "The Flashing Cursor From Hell!"

OPTION ONE
- changing your 2D panels for the Cessna
a) Ok so one possibility is in the first two posts here:
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 83&t=27922
b) another possibility that worked with other 2d accusim panels :
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 72#p190688

OPTION TWO
- Make WideViewAspect = False (instead of true) and run a tool prior to running FSX. Very easy because you almost never will need to change any panels (I had only 1 panel for the P40 - the flaps one - otherwise no others). This is what I recommend because to test it it involves simply (a) changing one line in your config file and then (b) running the tool - move the sliders to something like 0.277 to start with (make sure both are always exactly the same).
Look at point 9
http://sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showt ... -July-2012

The tool is here (link in guide is old):
https://docs.google.com/folderview?id=0 ... VVTS1Z0LVk

Ok there you are - one way or another - 100% solved! 8)
Just a source of what I have tried, this is what Shousa's suggestions are but none of it has worked so far.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 25&t=47532 "Comanche General Troubleshooting FAQ" I have also tried everything that is mentioned in this link (which I believe is what you have just suggested to me) but nothing new happens.

If I click on the map in the Comanche then it makes the sound of being brought up but visually only a quick black flash occurs and nothing else. I click on the map again and it makes the sound of it being put away, no black flashes occur after the first one no matter how many times I try to open it or any other Shift+1-8 commands.

Its a strange issue for sure

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

it seems you are trying to apply a fix for triple monitor users (Shousa post deals with triple monitor issues with FSX) to a simply simconnect issue. The 2D panels flashing normally indicates an FSX that isn't updated or corrupt. Which platform are you using, you mentioned FSX, is it steam or disc edition?

thanks,
Lewis

Cable_eagle05
Airman Basic

Post by Cable_eagle05 »

It is the FSX disc set for acceleration

And I may have fixed it (somewhat), I found that the location for the skd was not setup for fsx but for the other hard drive. Once I reinstalled the ask to the correct drive with fsx my 2d panels now show. It just gives me the flashing circle cursor now and keeps me from selecting anything after that.

So it would seem your right that it was simconnect related :oops: I jumped to the conclusion that it was my new monitors that caused the issue.

Now if this flashing ring around my cursor would go away that would solve all issues

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

After installing the simconnect did you restart the system?

Are you all updated with the latest Accu-sim updater?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

Cable_eagle05
Airman Basic

Post by Cable_eagle05 »

Yes, update ran right after I got off work again, just to make sure everything was good to go. Restarted the cpu and tried it out.

All in all everything works, its only when I accidentally pressed Shift+1 is when the flashing ring cursor occurred causing some bad lag along with difficulty to click on other objects.

Guess I'll just be avoiding Shift+1 as best as I can until a fix comes up for that haha.

Thanks again for all of the help though, glad this is functional now!

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”